Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers showed Black and Gold heart and backbone to finish the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers showed Black and Gold heart and backbone to finish the season.

Yeah, we don't have any right to complain that Suckup missed that kick, we have no one but ourselves to blame for needing help to get in.

But the way we finished this season said something, IMO. Our players didn't lie down, they kept fighting, and they just about made it in. No style points in the NFL, I know, but still ... I feel good about how they finished out.

And ... I don't care if it's petty ... I feel really good that we came out ahead in some small fashion of the Ravens, and the Wall-ass Fins.

Thanks for a great season, fellow Planet brothers and sisters -

Next Year!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

This season sure went by quick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just bummed b/c the Steelers actually have a chance of going on the road and beating Cincy. San Diego can't barely beat backups at home. Can you say 1 and done??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

they showed some guts, and I give them credit.

in reality though... we've got a real uphill battle, with some serious rebuilding to be done if we are going to be contenders year in and year out..

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate moral victories.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nice turnaround by you guys after the bad start - every team in the league is probably glad the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Nice turnaround by you guys after the bad start - every team in the league is probably glad the Steelers are out of the playoffs.
    Classy post

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah, not a moral victory, I don't like those either.
    I'm not sure how far we would have gotten against a decent QB in the playoffs anyway.

Just acknowledgement that these guys played some good football at the end (6-2), when other teams might easily have laid down.

One thing ... I can't figure out how our sucky sucky O-line all of a sudden turned pretty decent. I mean, did someone steal their souls and replace them with real players? Or was it just as simple all this time as having Ben get rid of the ball quicker? Geesh!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'm not sure how far we would have gotten against a decent QB in the playoffs anyway.

Just acknowledgement that these guys played some good football at the end (6-2), when other teams might easily have laid down.

One thing ... I can't figure out how our sucky sucky O-line all of a sudden turned pretty decent. I mean, did someone steal their souls and replace them with real players? Or was it just as simple all this time as having Ben get rid of the ball quicker? Geesh!
    I truly believe it was as simple as having Ben buy into getting rid of the ball quicker. After that, Bell is as patient a runner as I have ever seen and finds holes ... not quickly ... but decisively.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

The 6-2 finish probably saved Haley's job. I'm OK with it....