Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy doesn't know if he will be back next season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Troy doesn't know if he will be back next season.

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5318615-74/polamalu-season-steelers#axzz2oaRRTTii[/url]

That's an honest, realistic assesment. At least he knows it's not a no brainer that he will be back. He probably will be, but if they are really up against the cap, dumping him would save them over $8 million on the cap. They will at least consider it. But having to replace both starting safeties may be tough, being that Clark will not be signed back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way is Troy worth his salary next year unless he comes into camp the OLD troy!! It boggles my mind how teams/players agree to these contracts where they're at the end of their careers and their salaries are higher than the days they were in their prime. Is it ego??? Invincible Delusions??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's time to part ways. The Shark is the the Steelers SS of the future. Troy staying doesn't help the FS position. Hopefully, Golden is ready to step up into that role.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He'll be back. No way he goes. Others will go before him.. Not all of these will go at the same time.. Keisel, Foote, Clark, Woodley, Polamalu, Taylor.... Over the course of a few years yes, but not all at once.

I would look for 3 of these 6 to be back.....
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-27-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    He'll be back. No way he goes. Others will go before him.. Not all of these will go at the same time.. Keisel, Foote, Clark, Woodley, Polamalu, Taylor.... Over the course of a few years yes, but not all at once.

I would look for 3 of these 6 to be back.....
    that's probably an accurate count... I'd like to see the FO go to all 6 and offer a reduced contract to stay. Some will stay and some will retire.

I don't see Woodley going anywhere because of the cap hit. Other than that, it's hard to tell what's going to happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think it's time to part ways. The Shark is the the Steelers SS of the future. Troy staying doesn't help the FS position. Hopefully, Golden is ready to step up into that role.
    Umm... ok, and Thomas was just demoted to 3rd string... I guess miracles can happen before the start of next season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was thinking that the 3 could be Troy, Woodley, and maybe Ike. Foote could be back too. I was thinking the same regarding Woodley- because of the cap, he'll be staying...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's played in 60 games over the last four seasons...he's still playing at a high level when he's at the SS position...

Legend

User Info Menu

troy and ike back at reduced cap hits. the rest gone with woodley a june 1st cut
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Umm... ok, and Thomas was just demoted to 3rd string... I guess miracles can happen before the start of next season.
    Well, we all know why that happened.