User Info Menu

what happened to zeppa's post? lol.

Who dey?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I blame Reid most of all...

This note was found in the Chargers' locker room after the game:

Dear Mike,

We are going to run right the entire second half.

Love, Andy

Legend

User Info Menu

If that Succop FG was good, we would have faced the Bengals in round 1.If we won that game, we would faced a top seeded Peyton Manning led team in round 2. Then we could have possibly faced Indy in the championship game if they beat the Chiefs and Pats. Coulda been an eerily similar 6th seed run like in 2005. If only.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If that Succop FG was good, we would have faced the Bengals in round 1.If we won that game, we would faced a top seeded Peyton Manning led team in round 2. Then we could have possibly faced Indy in the championship game if they beat the Chiefs and Pats. Coulda been an eerily similar 6th seed run like in 2005. If only.
    I might add that there is a good chance that Seattle will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I might add that there is a good chance that Seattle will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl as well.
    Very good point! Seattle was the NFC top seed in 2005 and they are top seed now too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosteelerfan View Post
    hey zipperzeppa ... Being opponents in the afc north, we might disagree on a lot of things. But in all sincerity, i agree with your insight and perspective on that one point ... Your team is truly, definitely, and incontrovertibly ... A bunch of girls.

Respectfully -

a fan of a team with 5 sb rings.
    fail.......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This thread is 187 posts long. I am typing this one-handed while scratching my head with the other!

The reason we are not going to be in the playoffs is because we lost three games we should have won, all versus teams who will be drafting ahead of us in May.

We won yesterday. 5 of our 8 losses were by seven or fewer points! These are games we were winning two years ago. We lost them all in 2013. We did NOT lose yesterday. We lost to Tennessee, Minnesota, Oakland, Baltimore and Miami when we should have won! That's why we are not there. Not because some scrub kicker or some weekend warrior referee f*cked up. It's because the Steelers did not do the work when they needed to do it.

This off-season, the Steelers have work to do, some of which will be hard and gut-wrenching. The complacency and lack of a sense of urgency I saw this year was the reason they will not be participating in this season's playoff tournament. I hope they don't just sit idly by and do nothing like they did last off-season, because the result of that was evident on the field this year! What I saw from the 2013 Steelers, while some was good, was unanimously unacceptable and it cannot happen in 2014 without a fallout.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    KC didn't screw the Steelers...the Steelers screwed the Steelers.

Tennessee, Minnesota, Oakland, Miami in the snow. Only had to win one of them.
    Thank you. I am sick of Steeler fans whining like babies when we didn't even post a winning record. I don't think team that don't even post a winning record deserve the play offs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    This thread is 187 posts long. I am typing this one-handed while scratching my head with the other!

The reason we are not going to be in the playoffs is because we lost three games we should have won, all versus teams who will be drafting ahead of us in May.

We won yesterday. 5 of our 8 losses were by seven or fewer points! These are games we were winning two years ago. We lost them all in 2013. We did NOT lose yesterday. We lost to Tennessee, Minnesota, Oakland, Baltimore and Miami when we should have won! That's why we are not there. Not because some scrub kicker or some weekend warrior referee f*cked up. It's because the Steelers did not do the work when they needed to do it.

This off-season, the Steelers have work to do, some of which will be hard and gut-wrenching. The complacency and lack of a sense of urgency I saw this year was the reason they will not be participating in this season's playoff tournament. I hope they don't just sit idly by and do nothing like they did last off-season, because the result of that was evident on the field this year! What I saw from the 2013 Steelers, while some was good, was unanimously unacceptable and it cannot happen in 2014 without a fallout.
    Standing applause.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    yes losses to the titians,vikings,raiders and dolphins is the reason the season is over.why the steelers continue to struggle against bad teams is puzzling.but damn would have been nice if browns foot would have been 2 inches smaller
    Losing to bad teams is a Tomlin trademark. As much as I griped about Cowher, especially the last season, he tended to cream the bad teams. Tomlin seems to not have the team focused when they play lesser competition. It is an obvious trend.