Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy doesn't know if he will be back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    When is the last time he has come up with a key interception or play that completely changed the game? That use to be fairly common 4-5 years ago. If he is just going to be a "solid" safety then he needs to take a whole bunch less money or we need to move on.
    Here's a better question..... When was the last time someone BESIDES Troy made a play that completely changed the game?

Ike makes about the same as Troy....

When was the last time he made a key interception or play that completely changed the game? I'm thinking close to a decade ago when he intercepted that pass during the SB against the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If Troy doesn't make the big play then who is? We don't have any playmakers on defense except Troy.

We have 9 INTs and 18 FF.

Troy has 2 INTs and 5 FF.

Let's cut the one player that accounts for 22% of our INTs and close to 28% of our FFs. That's a brilliant idea. I understand thosethat want Troy to take a paycut (i do too) but cut him? Really?

I hear people cry about our defense's inability to create turnovers and yet we want to cut the one player that creates more turnovers than anyone else on the roster... again... brilliant.
    Yeah, Troy is still one of the few playmakers on defense. And that is just the stat sheet. He is a guy that you have to account for, a guy that creates attention.

His play is still a positive, and as a fan, he is one of the few guys that makes the defense enjoyable.

Hall of Famer
    Here's a better question..... When was the last time someone BESIDES Troy made a play that completely changed the game?

Ike makes about the same as Troy....

When was the last time he made a key interception or play that completely changed the game? I'm thinking close to a decade ago when he intercepted that pass during the SB against the Seahawks.
    When Ike broke his ankle last season and Allen had to play in his place, Boldin made Allen his biotch, allowing a TD and long PI giving BAL the win.
    We know what we get with Taylor, no INTs but the other team's WR doesn't have a big day either.
    Let's see how they both do against Gordon today. Should be a good one-to-one comparison.

could they set up a contract that states he needs to remain healthy, so many tackles , sacks or whatever ? he did have a nice season this year and doesn't that seem how it follows ? one healthy season, one injury season ?

Iconic Steeler, certainly a top 10 of all time Steeler, still highly productive and disruptive on the D, should finish his career as a Steeler. My $.02.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

If Troy doesn't make the big play then who is? We don't have any playmakers on defense except Troy.

We have 9 INTs and 18 FF.

Troy has 2 INTs and 5 FF.

Let's cut the one player that accounts for 22% of our INTs and close to 28% of our FFs. That's a brilliant idea. I understand thosethat want Troy to take a paycut (i do too) but cut him? Really?

I hear people cry about our defense's inability to create turnovers and yet we want to cut the one player that creates more turnovers than anyone else on the roster... again... brilliant.
    Thank you. I just don't get it. He's all over the field this year.

Ed Bouchette: Which Steelers Won’t Be Back in 2014?

December 30, 2013

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) — 93-7 The Fan Steelers insider and Post-Gazette writer Ed Bouchette joined The Fan Morning Show on Monday to look back at the crazy ending to the NFL season, and to look ahead to the upcoming offseason.

Ed expects Mike Tomlin to simply shrug his shoulders at the poor officiating in the Chargers/Chiefs game during his press conference today, rather than call out the referees or the league.

He pointed out that it might not matter how the Steelers’ brass evaluates the team’s puzzling season, given that they made big changes two years ago even though the team finished 12-4.

He thinks that the Steelers should make an effort to re-sign Emmanuel Sanders, even though it may be difficult. He expects them to keep either Jason Worilds or LaMarr Woodley, but not both (or neither).

In addition, he thinks Troy Polamalu should be back. Finally, Ed would be surprised if either Todd Haley or Dick LeBeau don’t return, adding that Haley has checked his ego and adapted to the needs of his position.

The interview can be heard here:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...-back-in-2014/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 12-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Umm... ok, and Thomas was just demoted to 3rd string... I guess miracles can happen before the start of next season.
    Thomas is a solid talent who has the respect of his teammates as a rookie. He was drafted to start...and he will start sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Iconic Steeler, certainly a top 10 of all time Steeler, still highly productive and disruptive on the D, should finish his career as a Steeler. My $.02.
    This is just too logical to not see twice.

Dukie is right.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is just too logical to not see twice.

Dukie is right.
    He sho is right! Worth more than $0.02 IMO!