Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown wins Steelers MVP award for second time

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown wins Steelers MVP award for second time

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown will soon complete his fourth NFL season. For the half of his NFL career, he has been regarded as the franchise’s most valuable player.

The Steelers announced Thursday that Brown has once again been named team MVP, via a vote of his teammates. Brown also won the award in 2011.

Through 15 games, Brown already has set a new team record for receiving yards in a season, with 1,412. He’s 11 catches behind Hines Ward’s single-season reception record of 112.

Some will say that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger should have won the award. Others will point out that the players vote on the award. Some of the others will wonder whether the decision to pick Brown over Roethlisberger was influenced by personal feelings and preferences regarding the two men within the locker room.

On his way to joining the all-time greats in Steelers history, Brown already could be on the short list if he had found a way to stay in bounds on the final play of a loss to the Dolphins earlier this month. But for a foot landing on the white stripe after Brown had broken through the defense to cap the NFL’s answer to the Stanford band play, the Steelers would have won the game — and they would have been one win over the Browns away from an playoff berth.

Even with that misstep, Brown has something the Steelers’ roster currently is lacking: youth and a high degree of talent. If they can find more players like Brown in the later rounds of the draft, Brown will have a chance to join Lynn Swann, Ward, and Santonio Holmes are Steelers receivers named MVP of the Super Bowl.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/26/antonio-brown-wins-steelers-mvp-award-for-second-time/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the choice was easy. BROWN got better with every snap from the day he got here. Was not sad to see him get his payday and I hope he continues to get better and make our #2 in the future even better.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What about all his nonsense--celebrations (celebrating first downs), his small stature, etc? We need a big WR!

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben is our MVP every year!!! When healthy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What about all his nonsense--celebrations (celebrating first downs), his small stature, etc? We need a big WR!
    We need a "complimentary" receiver ... whether that be WR or a pass catching TE. And although I believe Moye and Justin Brown have some skills that can be developed at WR, I'd still be looking for that TE in rounds 3 -4 (if there's one worthy of being picked there .. not a draft guru, so I don't know).

Brown? Dude is amazing considering where he was drafted and what the expectations were for him. One thing the Colbert/Tomlin regime has been able to do is find late round gems.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have nothing to biotch about with AB. He was so excellent this season. Without him, we are not even sniffing a .500 record. A case could be made for Ben winning it, but I have zero problem with AB being the team MVP. Imagine if we gave Wallace Miami type $ and let AB, where would we be right now? In worse shape than we are, that's for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I'd still be looking for that TE in rounds 3 -4 (if there's one worthy of being picked there .. not a draft guru, so I don't know).
    that fits the description of Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz who caught a TD pass against your Ohio St Buckeyes this season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that fits the description of Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz who caught a TD pass against your Ohio St Buckeyes this season.
    Big (6'6", 265) with soft hands and good blocking ability. He has good measurables according to NFLdraftscout.com. But a lot of noise about how Atlanta should draft him in the second.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We all know Ben is the MVP.

But Brown's accomplishments and hard work have paid off and deserve all the credit in the world!

Backup

User Info Menu

The kid deserves it, he plays to win week in and week out. And i also agree with the line of thinking that if we had a physical and true stud receiver to pair him with, along with Heath on the field,....it would be veeery difficult to stop us from scoring as Ben seems to be maturing as a passer.