Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signs of an old, tired defense?

Legend

User Info Menu

Well Pap, when i base my opinion on Ike it's because he is getting paid like a #1.
    If Ike was making vet min then i'd have no complaints.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Pap, Taylor did not have a good season in my opinion.

Not to be a nitpicker, but Will Allen is over 30
    Agreed that Taylor did not have a good year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Offense will continue to be on the rise in the league. That is what they want to justify the massive TV contracts. No matter how old diehards pine away for the old days of defense it is never coming back to what I would like to see either.

So if you accept that premise then why to we continue to want to spend premier draft picks on defense first? Shouldn't we be trying above all else to get an offense that is among the best versus a defense that is among the best?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Offense will continue to be on the rise in the league. That is what they want to justify the massive TV contracts. No matter how old diehards pine away for the old days of defense it is never coming back to what I would like to see either.

So if you accept that premise then why to we continue to want to spend premier draft picks on defense first? Shouldn't we be trying above all else to get an offense that is among the best versus a defense that is among the best?
    Defense matters, and you really don't need to look past the last SB teams, the Rats and 49ers, both defense centric teams. The high scoring offenses get more of the regular season hype, but the strong defensive teams typically prevail in January.