Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike and Troy to be cut?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ike and Troy to be cut?

Source: CBSSports.com - Joel Corry

The Pittsburgh Steelers could consider releasing CB Ike Taylor and SS Troy Polamalu this offseason. The team would create $8.25 million in salary cap space if Polamalu was released and $7 million if Taylor was released.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Before the players are released the Steelers are likely to ask both to take a pay cut. It would be difficult to imagine Polamalu in another uniform. Steelers fans sometimes hope Taylor would be in another uniform with his inconsistent play.
    I honestly don't get where all this "Ike is inconsistent" talk comes from. I think he is very consistent. He consistently has tight coverage and consistently drops every ball that hits his hands. Nothing new there. He never will have good hands. I think they might ask both players to take cuts but I don't see them outright cutting either. Troy has his quickness back (although he has far too many plays where he is just in the middle of no where and that hurts the D). Ike is Ike. He's got at least one more good year.

Legend

User Info Menu

they will be extended 2-3 years so they receive their money(signing bonus) but lessen the cap hit.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy can never be cut... would be Woodson-esque, a mistake the team will never make again.

Ike, OTOH... would be more Peezy-esque... would sting, cuz he's one of ours, but, he hasn't quite made the impact (life-long memories) on plays like you see Troy make...

Legend

User Info Menu

With the state our Defense is in we cant afford to cut either guy. W aren't going to get anyone as good as either player, so cutting them makes zero sense. I could write an article which states they may be cut, but it doesnt make it true. Leveon Bell may be cut too, but I doubt it happens. Ben may get cut, but I doubt it happens........
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

the Rooneys really like Ike, he won't be cut without being given a chance to restructure first.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Troy can never be cut... would be Woodson-esque, a mistake the team will never make again.

Ike, OTOH... would be more Peezy-esque... would sting, cuz he's one of ours, but, he hasn't quite made the impact (life-long memories) on plays like you see Troy make...
    Ha......you're not alone. Most Steeler fans think the Steelers are keeping all the good players this off season. That there is no way they will cut anyone who is a fan favorite or is a good player even if they are facing the worst off season cap situation they have ever had. Hilarious!!!

Manfred Mann wrote a song about this back in the day.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Troy were not playing well at SS, I might agree with him being cut...but, he is...

Ike? Sorry...

Legend

User Info Menu

OMG, do any of you watch the games sober?
    Troy is basically the only spark of life this mediocre defense has in it.
    Ike has lost a step and keeping him only delays Allens development.
    Ike is not and has never been a playmaker, his hands are stone.
    He also seems to be half blind because he never picks up the ball in the air and rarely ever deflects a pass.
    You guys fall in love with these vets and think the defense will suffer without them.
    Maybe the defense improves without them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    OMG, do any of you watch the games sober?
    Troy is basically the only spark of life this mediocre defense has in it.
    Ike has lost a step and keeping him only delays Allens development.
    Maybe the defense improves without them.
    Okay how does keeping ike delay Allen's development?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think both will take paycuts and be back next season