Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ike and Troy to be cut?

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Troy is listed at 5'10" and 207 lbs. Syracuse listed Shamarko at 5'10" and 206. Steelers.com has Shamarko listed at 5'9" and 217. You might come up with something else, but the size difference is fairly negligible.
    Okay,...i don't know what your physical stature and or athletic background is but,....if you can not see that Troy is clearly a bit heavier than 207 lbs,.. and is far denser, wider, more athletic, fluid and far more naturally gifted than Thomas,..... uh then you are exactly the kinda person that game program or football card measurements are for,..no disrespect,...just saying.

And before you or anyone else even thinks of the Brain Fart of trying to compare Thomas to Polamalu in any form or fashion,...please stop and think about as much.

Troy has been an exceptional athlete and special football player since his youth. And in terms of playing the safety position, going back to college at SC he was not only elite at the position,... but one of the very best players in the Nation and one of the very best players on the field at all times.

Comparing Thomas to Troy is just as absurd comparing Lethon Flowers to him (Troy) Or Ike and Chad Scott to Rod Woodson. Please knock it off. lol
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 12-24-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    The entire League knows this and surely our front office must as well. They let Troy Walk and he will land a huge contract with the Niners, Patsies, or with Coach Carroll in Seattle and contribute greatly to another World Championship.

And in the meanwhile some Steeler fans and the kiss ass, apologist Pittsburgh press will be here watching the tiny project player Sharmarko looking ridiculous, talking about how the following season the light is going to magically come on and he's "going to be a beast and waaaay better than Troy !",....for the next 2-7 years. Hahahaha
    Oh, you couldn't be more right. They have to tread lightly with Troy. Ike and those other guys... play the same game they did with Harrison.

But with Troy, he would certainly land on his feet, and be a key contributor to anyone lucky enough to land him. Bill Belichick* will certainly be looking to poach him, Woodley, and whoever we hard-ball.

I do not get what you are saying about Shark Thomas. No one that I've read or seen, has placed expectations beyond any 4th round pick on him in terms of replacing Troy. As you said, there is no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Okay,...i don't know what your physical stature and or athletic background is but,....if you can not see that Troy is clearly a bit heavier than 207 lbs,.. and is far denser, wider, more athletic, fluid and far more naturally gifted than Thomas,..... uh then you are exactly the kinda person that game program or football card measurements are for,..no disrespect,...just saying.

And before you or anyone else even thinks of the Brain Fart of trying to compare Thomas to Polamalu in any form or fashion,...please stop and think about as much.

Troy has been an exceptional athlete and special football player since his youth. And in terms of playing the safety position, going back to college at SC he was not only elite at the position,... but one of the very best players in the Nation and one of the very best players on the field at all times.

Comparing Thomas to Troy is just as absurd comparing Lethon Flowers to him (Troy) Or Ike and Chad Scott to Rod Woodson. Please knock it off. lol
    I never said anything about athleticism, fluidity, or giftedness. But when it comes to size? NOT much difference between Shamarko and Troy (certainly not Troy when he first came into the league). In your earlier post, you made it sound like the greatest reason Shamarko was inferior to Troy was because he was "tiny" compared to Troy--that's just ridiculous. Shamarko may be inferior to Troy for several reasons; I don't believe that size is one of them.

BTW, I'm not one of those who expects that Shamarko will ever be as good as Polamalu has been. But if he can be as good as he can be, he will help this team going forward.
    I do think he'll turn out to be a bit better than a "project" player.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 12-24-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Shamarko is built like a brick sh*thouse. not many are physically gifted like Troy, but Shamarko's work ethic will carry him far imo. He may not ascend to Troy's level but he will be a solid starter for years.