Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: This will not be popular....

  1. #61
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Dude as far as i am concerned Mack is on the same level as Anthony Barr. These kids would be plug and play in a 3-4,...too talented to justify keeping them off of the field. I would be elated to say the least were we to land either of them in the 1st.
    However,...i don't see either falling to us and Coach Cowher is not here to make the ballsy go after a special player move and trade up for either.
    If there is something old and tired in Pittsburgh it's your damn posts. Everyone gets you don't like Tomlin and you think the entire team is sinking. Start a damn blog or something.

    As far as the rest of the thread is concerned I don't know who I want the Steelers to draft. I'm not as hard up on Ike as most and believe he still has gas in the tank. He's certainly not out of shape and he held some elite receivers in check. He just can't catch but he's never been able to catch. I think the Steelers find a way to keep Worilds and I could see Woodley getting a contract restructure with performance incentives or he's gone. I'd too would like to see a corner drafted but I'm not sad Lewis is gone and once again I still think Taylor is made out to be the scape goat because he's not picking off the ball. The day he's gone is the day we realize what we had in him at corner. I wouldn't complain about Mack if that's who we grab, especially if he's BPA.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Dude you had us taking Mack in the 2nd round of your mock 2 weeks ago. Stop
    Yeah hoping that he would be somewhat off of the radar because he plays for Buffalo. But that is certainly not the case and testament to the fact of exactly how high on him that pretty much everyone is that were scouting, researching and watching film of on him.

    I look forward to seeing as to whether or not his final grade out will be one that as you say will not be comparable to Jones. Especially in light of the fact that this kid appears to have no chinks in his armor aside for maybe being a bit overly aggressive and hard even with teammates at times. But i could live with that,....Harrison and Greg LLoyd were not exactly the "sweetest" guys in the world.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Yeah hoping that he would be somewhat off of the radar because he plays for Buffalo. But that is certainly not the case and testament to the fact of exactly how high on him that pretty much everyone is that were scouting, researching and watching film of on him.

    I look forward to seeing as to whether or not his final grade out will be one that as you say will not be comparable to Jones. Especially in light of the fact that this kid appears to have no chinks in his armor aside for maybe being a bit overly aggressive and hard even with teammates at times. But i could live with that,....Harrison and Greg LLoyd were not exactly the "sweetest" guys in the world.
    If you recall I told you at the time he would be a 1st round pick. Also when I told you that Trey Depriest is only a sophomore. Stick around Rod, we'll teach you some football.














  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    If you recall I told you at the time he would be a 1st round pick. Also when I told you that Trey Depriest is only a sophomore. Stick around Rod, we'll teach you some football.
    Hahahaha,..... really ? Perhaps some patience. But as far Football,... maybe not so much Largo.

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    JJ fell because of the spinal stenosis. Stop being blind. I love Mack but I promise you 80% of Scouts graded JJ higher last year than they will Mack this year. That is not even taking into consideration the level of competition.
    Really? Well you may wanna get some new "Scout" buddies. That was known back in 2009 when he was at USC. But yet before the start of the 2012 college season, and throughout most of it, he was considered a top 5 pick. I guess his 4.9 40 time had nothing to do with him falling though, huh?

    Khalil Mack is getting high marks for his play versus the run as well as his coverage ability. These are two areas where Jarvis Jones didnt have high marks. Who is the blind one?

    Maybe you can enlighten us with your own breakdown of each player? Instead of what scouts tell you?
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  6. #66
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Four seven is on the slow side, but can easily be ignored. Four eight? You certainly have to pause. Four nine? You've got a lot to mull over.
    Exactly. This is the true reason why Jarvis Jones failed. He had been cleared by several doctors for the spinal stenosis before he had run his 40 time.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Exactly. This is the true reason why Jarvis Jones failed. He had been cleared by several doctors for the spinal stenosis before he had run his 40 time.

    If you knew anything you would know that 90% of a players evaluation is done before the combine ever occurs and that it is only used to reaffirm what is already on paper. The only time things change are when a player shows a side that was never before seen and only then will scouts go back and take a look. Medical exams are probably the biggest part of the combine. JJ was taken off some boards because of risk. No one took him off because of his 40 time. The gametape speaks for itself. Just because I talk to scouts doesn't mean I don't have my own opinion. You of all people should know I have never been afraid to share it on this or any other medium.














Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •