Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This will not be popular....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    1. Louis Nix NT
    2.Ryan Shazier ILB
    4. Deone Bucannon S
    Looks a lot like what I've considered at this point... in the first, NT(only Nix), LB (a couple are capable), FS (only HaHa) or olineman...

Of course, this before re-signings and cuts, so who knows where the biggest needs are come draft time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not from me you did not sir. I told everyone with ears, even being surrounded by Dawgs fans that though he (Jones) was athletic,...he was not explosive or very aggressive and fit more into a 4-3 scheme despite his physical stature. Again,.. i was correct as i was when i said Timmons was not going to excel as an outside backer in a 3-4.
    He's not talking about you. You do realize that most professional draft/scout service, was saying exactly what he said (plug/play). Secondly, what are you guys going off? Are you (and/or Dee) professional scouts (i.e. see lots of game tape)? Otherwise, calling a small school LB the best player in the entire draft is meaningless. (I remember one year, when ex-NFL safety Corey Chavous called some clown name Reggie McNeal or something, the best player in the draft. Reggie McNeal is probably delivering your holiday FedEx package as we speak.)

I'm not saying Mack isn't a prospect; I am saying that this statement means almost nothing, unless you tell me you seen extensive tape of him besides last weekend's game (and one or two others).

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He's not talking about you. You do realize that most professional draft/scout service, was saying exactly what he said (plug/play). Secondly, what are you guys going off? Are you (and/or Dee) professional scouts (i.e. see lots of game tape)? Otherwise, calling a small school LB the best player in the entire draft is meaningless. (I remember one year, when ex-NFL safety Corey Chavous called some clown name Reggie McNeal or something, the best player in the draft. Reggie McNeal is probably delivering your holiday FedEx package as we speak.)

I'm not saying Mack isn't a prospect; I am saying that this statement means almost nothing, unless you tell me you seen extensive tape of him besides last weekend's game (and one or two others).
    I can't speak for Dub, but professional scout is not my occupation Shoe. I just play one on TV. Lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I can't speak for Dub, but professional scout is not my occupation Shoe. I just play one on TV. Lol
    did you in the very least stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

I don't have a problem with the small school LBers. see London Fletcher for one. Maybe he'll be a target in rounds two - three (compensatory). I just don't see the Steelers risking a first on a small school guy. You know how tomlin likes his "level of competition" criteria for a draft pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seem to recall the Steelers drafting one of the greatest LBs to ever play the game from a small school way back when in the 2nd round. The professionals had this to say about him: "too small to be a pro football linebacker". The guy went on to 9 straight Pro Bowls and the Hall of Fame.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seem to recall the Steelers drafting one of the greatest LBs to ever play the game from a small school way back when in the 2nd round. The professionals had this to say about him: "too small to be a pro football linebacker". The guy went on to 9 straight Pro Bowls and the Hall of Fame.
    nail...consider yourself hit squarely on the head

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    nail...consider yourself hit squarely on the head
    Lambert is the exception not the rule.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mack would not grade out higher than JJ

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    you cannot disregard Lambert's commitment to the game...this made him the exception imo. when a guy dives for a tackle during a tryout taking place on an asphalt parking lot, you may have an inkling he will be good. You can only hope you come across another with the same mentality big school or not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Then James Harrison was the second coming of the exception cause he went to the same school.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.