Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: This will not be popular....

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587

    This will not be popular....

    ...but when have I ever come up with the popular opinion?

    I believe the very best player in this up coming draft is OLB Khalil Mack of Buffalo. He has a lot of Lawrence Taylor in him. Nonstop motor who excels in every aspect of his position. His team was getting blown out Saturday in their bowl game and all the way to the last play of the game he was going 100 mph. He is above average in coverage, he holds strong versus the run, and he is a relentless pass rusher. He has over 75 career tackles for loss. He lives in the opponents back field. Level of competition?....not so great, however when he did play versus the big boys (Ohio State), he had a great game ( 9 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and 1 INT). And the amazing thing about Mack is, every team who he plays against, knows he is the force for his team and they all try to either go away from him or double team him. And yet he still wrecks havoc in the opponent back field.

    So why am I saying all this? If for some reason this team cannot resign Worilds, and they deem cutting Woodley as the best move financially, then they are going to have a huge hole on one side of their defense. And with the way Worilds is playing combined with his age, he is going to get a ton of money thrown at him by a boatload of other teams. If he gets to free agency, he may be too hard for this team to resign.

    Something to think about.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 12-23-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  2. #2
    Mack is a great player no doubt. I watched the one man Mack show against my Buckeyes. With that said, if the Steeler lose another up and coming young talent...I will be upset. We need a DB this year because they kept the aging Taylor over Lewis. To let another talent go, only to have to spend a high round draft pick and years of development would be a recipe for mediocrity.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...but when have I ever come up with the popular opinion?

    I believe the very best player in this up coming draft is OLB Khalil Mack of Buffalo. He has a lot of Lawrence Taylor in him. Nonstop motor who excels in every aspect of his position. His team was getting blown out Saturday in their bowl game and all the way to the last play of the game he was going 100 mph. He is above average in coverage, he holds strong versus the run, and he is a relentless pass rusher. He has over 75 career tackles for loss. He lives in the opponents back field. Level of competition?....not so great, however when he did play versus the big boys (Ohio State), he had a great game ( 9 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and 1 INT). And the amazing thing about Mack is, every team who he plays against, knows he is the force for his team and they all try to either go away from him or double team him. And yet he still wrecks havoc in the opponent back field.

    So why am I saying all this? If for some reason this team cannot resign Worilds, and they deem cutting Woodley as the best move financially, then they are going to have a huge hole on one side of their defense. And with the way Worilds is playing combined with his age, he is going to get a ton of money thrown at him by a boatload of other teams. If he gets to free agency, he may be too hard for this team to resign.

    Something to think about.
    Dude as far as i am concerned Mack is on the same level as Anthony Barr. These kids would be plug and play in a 3-4,...too talented to justify keeping them off of the field. I would be elated to say the least were we to land either of them in the 1st.
    However,...i don't see either falling to us and Coach Cowher is not here to make the ballsy go after a special player move and trade up for either.

  4. #4
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Mack is a great player no doubt. I watched the one man Mack show against my Buckeyes. With that said, if the Steeler lose another up and coming young talent...I will be upset. We need a DB this year because they kept the aging Taylor over Lewis. To let another talent go, only to have to spend a high round draft pick and years of development would be a recipe for mediocrity.
    Couldn't agree more.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,757
    I see teams like Cleveland let their good players go only to draft that same position a year later. I don't want to be the browns.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Dude as far as i am concerned Mack is on the same level as Anthony Barr. These kids would be plug and play in a 3-4,...too talented to justify keeping them off of the field. I would be elated to say the least were we to land either of them in the 1st.
    However,...i don't see either falling to us and Coach Cowher is not here to make the ballsy go after a special player move and trade up for either.
    With all of our needs, and our 3rd round pick already belonging to Cleveland (plus another late round pick likely to be lost as well), are you seriously advocating trading our 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to take an OLB?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With all of our needs, and our 3rd round pick already belonging to Cleveland (plus another late round pick likely to be lost as well), are you seriously advocating trading our 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to take an OLB?
    Indeed sir,...because i believe that both players have the potential to be perennial studs for us ie: Troy. Let's face it Woodley is done and Worilds though serviceable with a big heart is nowhere near the caliber of outside backer like either of these kids will go on to be.

    Aaaaand,....we do play a 3-4 defense.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 12-23-2013 at 03:00 PM.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,757
    I'd rather trade back if we can't get the top CB and get a more than serviceable NT AND a developmental CB. I think our O-Line is starting to play ok (especially the Tackles) and with Pouncey coming back, it'll be a strength instead of a weakness. We also really need an ILB.
    I'm advocating to keep Woodley and Worilds. Move Jones to MLB and draft a stud NT or CB.
    But we really need Woodley to extend his deal and take a serious paycut.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I'd rather trade back if we can't get the top CB and get a more than serviceable NT AND a developmental CB. I think our O-Line is starting to play ok (especially the Tackles) and with Pouncey coming back, it'll be a strength instead of a weakness. We also really need an ILB.
    I'm advocating to keep Woodley and Worilds. Move Jones to MLB and draft a stud NT or CB.
    But we really need Woodley to extend his deal and take a serious paycut.
    Yeah but Nix is the only true stud NT in this draft. What if we trade back and he goes off of the board ? Come to think of it if we are selecting after 11 he might already be gone ?

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Yeah but Nix is the only true stud NT in this draft. What if we trade back and he goes off of the board ? Come to think of it if we are selecting after 11 he might already be gone ?
    I have two scenarios there. I don't trade up that's for sure. Not for a NT. We can stay put and get a guy that will be needed. We have a few needs if you haven't noticed :P
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •