Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Emmanuel Sanders pointing out the non Mike Wallace route

Sander doesn't have the luxury Wallace had...he isn't as talented. Sanders must play for his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree, he is probably gone, but if you really look at who he really is and not what Steeler fans expected him to be, as a #2, he's one of the best in the league.

65 rec. 714 yards and 6 TD's are pretty solid numbers. And, he is a pretty good kick returner as well.
    He's solid.. don't get me wrong. I can still look around the league and see several teams that have better overall talent at the #2 WR position. The #'s might not be there "yet" for those players.

I believe Sanders is very replaceable.

I know its probably dumb, but I would look at a guy like kenny britt this offseason. Will probably come pretty cheap and if you can get his head on straight, can be a very productive player. Steelers are in a position where they may need to take a chance on a couple of high risk/reward type players.

sanders can walk, good riddance. Should have taken the 3rd when it was gifted to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I know its probably dumb, but I would look at a guy like kenny britt this offseason. Will probably come pretty cheap and if you can get his head on straight, can be a very productive player. Steelers are in a position where they may need to take a chance on a couple of high risk/reward type players.

sanders can walk, good riddance. Should have taken the 3rd when it was gifted to them.
    I agree completely on Sanders. He had plenty of big drops in key moments this season, and he does not make tough catches. He is quick and a good route runner, but that is about it. I would not give Sanders any more than the salary he is making this year, but I bet that somebody gives him a contract at least at the Keenan Lewis level. I don't think he is even worth that. Throw in the injury history and the injury risk along with his coming up small in big games, and there is no way that the Steelers should retain him. The third round pick (whether used on Schmarko last year, giving the Steelers their own this year, or whether already spent) would have been awfully nice. Now, I think a 5th round comp pick is likely the best case scenario.

Backup
    Personally, I would rather see the Team NOT re-sign Sanders.

Instead, I would like to see them re-sign Cotchery and continue to develop guys like Justin Brown, Derek Moye and Markus Wheaton. Then look for value in the draft and a good FA signing in the off-season.

But not Britt. Good lord, no. Not a fan of anything he has done. Especially this year, with it being a contract year. To me, it looked like he just folded. I think we can do better.

Sanders is a #3 or 4 WR, stuck playing in the #2 position. If they are going to leave him at #2, I'd rather see him leave and force the team to get a replacement.

Add to that, he has more drops than he should (as noted, a few key ones) AND he generally seems to fall with the slightest touch from a defender. if you made me choose between him and Cotchery, age is the only reason I'd choose him before Cotchery.

Haven't heard anything on Wheaton - i presume he has dissapointed in practice...

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    and don't forget ... no playoffs to boot.
    Too bad Manny doesn't play defense...

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i would keep the guy too for the right price but i think sanders will, chase the top dollar.
    he's more wallace than brown.

in a way i hope he leaves so we can draft that big stud wr and/or te in the first and second rounds for a change
    What about Jeremy Macklin as a free agent to replace Sanders. He's coming off an injury so maybe we get him at a fair price

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    and don't forget ... no playoffs to boot.
    I thought we were still in the hunt?