Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeVeon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

LeVeon Bell

Congratulations! First 100 yd RB in almost a full season. I agree he lacks breakaway speed but he almost always finds a way to get positive yards. Just remind yourselves how miserable the run game was with Spindenhall & Co.

Backup

User Info Menu

First Steeler jersey that I bought since Ben. Don't miss Spinerella one bit!

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
    Steelers Digest

First 100-yard game by a Steelers RB this season.

Steelers backs rushing for over 100 yards in a game used to be a common occurrence, but not so much recently. The last time a Steelers back had gone for over 100 in a game was on Nov. 4, 2012 when Isaac Redman went for 147 yards on 26 carries in a 24-20 win over the New York Giants.

That was before Le’Veon Bell vs. the Packers at Lambeau Field. Bell finished with 124 yards on 26 carries, and his 1-yard touchdown proved to be the difference in the Steelers’ 38-31 win over the Packers. Bell did lose his first fumble as a pro, but on his next carry he ripped off a 25-yard run that kick-started a Steelers’ touchdown drive.

Bell is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Antonio Brown, who had six catches for 105 yards, plus a 41-yard punt return; Lawrence Timmons, who had 10 tackles and a sack; Mat McBriar, who completed a 30-yard pass on a fake punt and three of his five punts downed inside the 20-yard line; and Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 16-of-28 for 167 yards, with two touchdowns and one interception.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/b88083d0-7bf5-46f6-87c1-6cfe8f40ab30[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I love the Bell pick. He's been a great addition to the Steelers this year. I think he is exactly what this team needs. He is going to be a great RB for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. Great pick and a great game. Lacy also had a pretty good game and a great rookie season...but would anyone here still argue taking him over Bell?

Legend

User Info Menu

I wanted Keenan Allen (likely offensive rookie of the year) over Bell in round 2, but I like what I've seen from Bell so far as a Steeler.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Agreed. Great pick and a great game. Lacy also had a pretty good game and a great rookie season...but would anyone here still argue taking him over Bell?
    I'd take either back, if Lacy were a Steeler today we'd all be singing his praises. Both players are going to be good in the NFL for as many years as they can stay healthy.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Before the game they talked on the fan or was it wdve or even on madden how Lacy had a history of being injury prone along with turf toe his last season in college and then at the combines with a hammy. Also, he is no one that you could count upon for catching a pass or running pass routes if needed. Bell was the logical choice if all that they say about Lacy is true. Well, he did get injured last night but I have to admit, " he's a heck of a good running back. " Starks is the one that made me nervous and I must have been having flashbacks of our Super Bowl against Green Bay. "

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ring my Belllllllllllll...................................
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I didn't necessarily like the Bell pick with Lacy still available but I must give the guy credit. He's done a very good job and I don't think it's any coincidence that our offense started turning the corner when Bell and Heath got healthy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.