Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was that play where the refs gave the Packers the ball? (Radio only here)

What was that play where the refs gave the Packers the ball? (Radio only here)

The Pgh announcers said that we definitely had possession after a turnover, but the refs then said right or wrong, "possession is not reviewable".

What does that mean, "possession is not reviewable"? I thought they did that all the time (receivers, fumbles, etc.)?

Can you guys fill me in please?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

the FG was blocked. Clark picked it up (very briefly) and lateraled it to GAY who mishandled it. Hood slapped it out of bounds.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Clark clearly had the ball in his possession, but the refs said they could not review it......Refs call on the field was that he did not have possession....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Total B.S. call by the refs. We blocked their FG and the refs handed them a TD instead.

Any talk by announcers and such as to why _that_ possession or not call wasn't reviewable, but so many others are?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

The NFL will be apologizing for this one. The officiating continues to be abhorrent. Clark gained possession and his knee was down with possession and you CAN review 'down by contact'. The refs screwed up big time there. Possession should not even have been the question. Clearly he had possession and there should've been a review to see if he was touched down before the lateral. Had that happened, it would've been our ball, the illegal batting of the ball would've been moot.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

sASF, I guess because it wasn't technically a fumble, change of possession is not reviewable? I'm not sure. But this will be a rule that will be reviewed I would assume.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Total B.S. call by the refs. We blocked their FG and the refs handed them a TD instead.
    We flat out got jobbed on that call. It seemed like everyone knew what the correct ruling was except for the officials.

Pro Bowler
    A travesty of a call. The. Steelers clearly obtained possession prior to the penalty. Even if they call a penalty for the Steelers batting the ball forward, it should have still been Pgh ball. To give it back to the Packers is ridiculous.

This will be among the worst calls of a decade worth of football. The league will have some 'splaining to do. The league has made a mess of the game, with all the rules changes and additions. It is very difficult to officiate, but they should not have missed this call, and they did. I hope they won't ignore this or sweep it aside with a patronizing brief statement.

I would enjoy seeing a weekly TV show on which the replayed all the botched calls and the missed calls. It might help hold the league accountable to put more integrity into the game.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.