Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers Defeated The Packers...

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Not sure about the Bengals winning next week. I think that are now in the playoffs. Do they sit some players?
    The Bengals can still get the #2 seed with a win and a NE loss. They win the tiebreaker due to their win over the Pats earlier in the season. The only reason they might rest players would be later in the game if the Pats go up big.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Not sure about the Bengals winning next week. I think that are now in the playoffs. Do they sit some players?
    I could be wrong about this,but couldn't the Bengals get the number 2 seed if they beat the Ravens and the Pats lose to the Bills?

Quote Originally Posted by AxnJxn View Post
    The Bengals can still get the #2 seed with a win and a NE loss. They win the tiebreaker due to their win over the Pats earlier in the season. The only reason they might rest players would be later in the game if the Pats go up big.
    I must have been typing as you posted

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I must have been typing as you posted
    Great minds! Heh.

Great minds! Heh.
    Yes indeed. I'm glad this is true,as a shot of a first round bye would be a huge incentive for the Bengals to play hard.

Yes indeed. I'm glad this is true,as a shot of a first round bye would be a huge incentive for the Bengals to play hard.
    Since none of the seeds are locked in the AFC, all of the teams are going to have incentive to play their starters. That may change for the teams that play later, based on the early results, but those 1:00 games are all important in the AFC.

Since none of the seeds are locked in the AFC, all of the teams are going to have incentive to play their starters. That may change for the teams that play later, based on the early results, but those 1:00 games are all important in the AFC.
    Again,I could be wrong,but aren't the Chiefs locked in at the number 5 seed?

Again,I could be wrong,but aren't the Chiefs locked in at the number 5 seed?
    Yeah, you're right - just looked at the standings, and they can't win the West, so they will be the first WC. Bummer - they will probably rest players in SD, which hurts our chances.

Yeah, you're right - just looked at the standings, and they can't win the West, so they will be the first WC. Bummer - they will probably rest players in SD, which hurts our chances.
    That's what I thought. Like you said they will probably rest their starters,especially since they know they have to play the following week.

Bengal still could still get 2nd seed. Still reason to play if NE lose.