Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

we won dammit....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Stayin' Alive....

(Ah ah ah ah...)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If we took all that time off and kicked a FG with 12 seconds left, then we would have needed Shamarko Thomas to prevent a game winning kickoff return for a TD instead of a potential game tying kickoff return for a TD.
    Absolutely.

This team's special teams are an epic disaster... seemingly good for about one long return of some kind a game. Whether it's a coaching issue or a back of roster talent issue or both is to be taken up at a later time, but it has to be taken at this point for what it is: the special teams are atrocious, just like they always are. This must be accounted for in any in game decision making process.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we won dammit....
    Should have been in overtime, fortunately, the packers shot themselves in the foot (penalty with 20 seconds to go for a runoff) and Flynn missed a wide open Nelson on the last play.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Should have been in overtime, fortunately, the packers shot themselves in the foot (penalty with 20 seconds to go for a runoff) and Flynn missed a wide open Nelson on the last play.

Pappy
    Oh well... sucks for Packers fans. lol...

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO, the decision was entirely defensible, and potentially even the right one. Anything bad can happen on a runback (it kind of did!), and our defense sucks.

What the decision did was account for the worst case scenario, which pretty much actually happened! ... that GB would get that good runback, and be close enough to tie the game w/ a kick.

We go for 7 ... they have to answer in kind. A much taller task for them. I think the decision was the game winner.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Its on the coaches....If I knew this sitting in my boxers at home, how can the guy making millions of dollars not know this????
    I agree..I new what to do and I don't make there money!!! someone needs to be yelled at for that!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

for those of you claiming the conditions were bad for a game ending FG attempt, then why didnt tomlin go for 2 after scoring the TD?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    GB was one tackle away from making the FG the absolute wrong decision. I don't think anything is cut and dry here. I bet everyone would be screaming if that's how things went down. Just enjoy the win and the fact that we are somehow still in the playoff hunt after a season like this.
    I agree. I've been harsh on Tomlin this season and some times last year but I understand the decision. It could go either way imo.

I was getting txts from friends saying.... "What the hell is your HC doing? Why didn't he take a knee and run out the clock" .... I get it and it's definitely logical. You could make a legit argument in both cases.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.