Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

If we down the ball at the 1 with 1:28 seconds left and 2nd down...the play would last 3 seconds - 35 seconds = 50 seconds. Down the ball on 3rd down - another 38 seconds= 12 seconds left. Kick Chip shot FG and win the game. Why we ran the ball in the endzone with Bell baffles me????

Anywho...We are STILL ALIVE!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know..... Tomlin does some stupid things.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I know..... Tomlin does some stupid things.....
    I love Tomlin, but his weakness is definitely clock management...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When Ben was in shot gun, I thought he was gonna take the knee there...... Putting them on the 5 for an easy FG attempt.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

The only reason there was drama was because the steelers continue to mismanage the clock. The steelers get a 1st down on the one and the packers have one timeout and e Steeler don't take a knee three times and kick a field goal to win with less than 5 seconds on the clock. Just not good decision making and time management.

Pappt

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Its on the coaches....If I knew this sitting in my boxers at home, how can the guy making millions of dollars not know this????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Its on the coaches....If I knew this sitting in my boxers at home, how can the guy making millions of dollars not know this????
    I agree..I new what to do and I don't make there money!!! someone needs to be yelled at for that!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I thought the same thing. Matter of fact, I thought it was so odd, that I figured I must be missing something, but I wasn't. That was just dumb coaching. Tomlin, a genius, he is not. That gaff could have easily led to OT and a loss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And of course it was the very 1st question asked in the PC, and Tomlin says that wanted the TD and the points because---- You never know what might happen on a FG... in that weather- ball exchange, etc.. Hey Tomlin..... what about your extra point? You need that to go up 7, cause your ST could even just as easily give back a return for TD on that turf....

His reasoning is just WRONG.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    And of course it was the very 1st question asked in the PC, and Tomlin says that wanted the TD and the points because---- You never know what might happen on a FG... in that weather- ball exchange, etc.. Hey Tomlin..... what about your extra point? You need that to go up 7, cause your ST could even just as easily give back a return for TD on that turf....

His reasoning is just WRONG.
    Wrong reasoning and almost costly, fortunately green bay shot themselves in the foot a bunch of times today.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount