Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Oh well... sucks for Packers fans. lol...
    Yea, we've been on the other end of it, but, GB shouldn't have even had the opportunity, it's poor clock management, win or lose and winning doesn't make it the correct call.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    for those of you claiming the conditions were bad for a game ending FG attempt, then why didnt tomlin go for 2 after scoring the TD?
    Ha! This is a great thought. Everyone is acting like that chip shot was the equivalent of Justin Tucker's 61 yd fg last week for the rats. Weather or not, you still at minimum take at least one knee then try for the TD. The less time the other team has to score, the better your chances are of winning. Not sure why this was so hard to grasp.

Anyway, like felt said, we won dammit! Time to move on to the next game.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Ha! This is a great thought. Everyone is acting like that chip shot was the equivalent of Justin Tucker's 61 yd fg last week for the rats. Weather or not, you still at minimum take at least one knee then try for the TD. The less time the other team has to score, the better your chances are of winning. Not sure why this was so hard to grasp.

Anyway, like felt said, we won dammit! Time to move on to the next game.
    i have to laugh at the tomlin fans that think the risk of a FG with basically no time left was higher than the risk of bell fumbling trying to score a TD with 1:30 left.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a big Tomlin fan but his time management is horrible. I can't even believe we are having a discussion about this. For all those giving kudos to the offense for scoring that last touchdown you do realize Green Bay let us walk in. Their linebackers just stood up at the snap but never moved. They knew the only chance they had was to let us score a TD and we played right into their hands.

How can an NFL coaching staff not see this? At least have Ben take 1 knee and run 40 more seconds off the clock. Then you can walk in on the 3rd down. GB would have still let us score. So, not only do you not take a knee but you line up in shotgun formation (or pistol, I don't remember because I was screaming at the TV) which has just as high a risk of screwing up the snap as you would with a FG attempt. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You kneel down twice and then kick a FG leaving GB with at most 5 seconds on the clock. You pooch kick it ... don't squib it ... and if they try and run it back you should be able to defend it and the game is over. That way you eliminate the necessity of putting your fans at risk of a heart attack or stroke.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Its on the coaches....If I knew this sitting in my boxers at home, how can the guy making millions of dollars not know this????
    I thought the same thing. Matter of fact, I thought it was so odd, that I figured I must be missing something, but I wasn't. That was just dumb coaching. Tomlin, a genius, he is not. That gaff could have easily led to OT and a loss.

Legend

User Info Menu

the annoucing vrew in the dallas game were also saying it was beneficial that murray didnt get in the 1st time they tried running him from the 1.
    they said the same when he didnt get in on 2nd down.

well, they almost lost their playoff chances cause they needed a sand lot play from romo to get in on 4th down

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the annoucing vrew in the dallas game were also saying it was beneficial that murray didnt get in the 1st time they tried running him from the 1.
    they said the same when he didnt get in on 2nd down.

well, they almost lost their playoff chances cause they needed a sand lot play from romo to get in on 4th down
    Not the same situation. The Cowboys needed a TD there. The Steelers only needed a FG to take the lead. If the Steelers needed a TD, GB doesn't just let them walk in the end zone. There's a reason why GB did that, and there's a reason why people are annoyed that we didn't burn more time when we had complete control of the clock.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    That's how girls or communists play football!

It would have been a vote of no confidence in D too - which is very different than saying they suck. It's saying we don't even trust you to hold Rodger-less Packers in the snow from going 80 yards on you in a minute. Terrible message.

I like what we did. Guts, balls, poise and moxie.
    Girls or communists That's a great line!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm a big Tomlin fan but his time management is horrible. I can't even believe we are having a discussion about this. For all those giving kudos to the offense for scoring that last touchdown you do realize Green Bay let us walk in. Their linebackers just stood up at the snap but never moved. They knew the only chance they had was to let us score a TD and we played right into their hands.

How can an NFL coaching staff not see this? At least have Ben take 1 knee and run 40 more seconds off the clock. Then you can walk in on the 3rd down. GB would have still let us score. So, not only do you not take a knee but you line up in shotgun formation (or pistol, I don't remember because I was screaming at the TV) which has just as high a risk of screwing up the snap as you would with a FG attempt. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You kneel down twice and then kick a FG leaving GB with at most 5 seconds on the clock. You pooch kick it ... don't squib it ... and if they try and run it back you should be able to defend it and the game is over. That way you eliminate the necessity of putting your fans at risk of a heart attack or stroke.
    They did not just let us score. I watched it frame by frame and every guy came firing out of their stance and the linebackers filled. One of them got steamrolled as he tried to make the tackle in the wash and another linebacker tried, but was late filling his hole.

Regardless, going for the TD was the right call all day long. I can just see some the same people in this thread blasting Tomlin for going for 3 and something happened on the FG (as it did with the Packers chip shot earlier in the game) or Green Bay was able to get in range for a tying FG on a long return.

Kicking it deep on the other hand? Not smart. With a long field and no timeouts, I sincerely doubt they would have been able to tie it up. They couldn't even tie it up on a 31 yard field. You want to scream at poor clock management, how about them only getting one play off in the last 28 seconds? Would suck to be a Packer fan at that moment.

I can get the debate, but all of this criticism and vitriol is absurd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    They did not just let us score. I watched it frame by frame and every guy came firing out of their stance and the linebackers filled. One of them got steamrolled as he tried to make the tackle in the wash and another linebacker tried, but was late filling his hole.

Regardless, going for the TD was the right call all day long. I can just see some the same people in this thread blasting Tomlin for going for 3 and something happened on the FG (as it did with the Packers chip shot earlier in the game) or Green Bay was able to get in range for a tying FG on a long return.

Kicking it deep on the other hand? Not smart. With a long field and no timeouts, I sincerely doubt they would have been able to tie it up. They couldn't even tie it up on a 31 yard field. You want to scream at poor clock management, how about them only getting one play off in the last 28 seconds? Would suck to be a Packer fan at that moment.

I can get the debate, but all of this criticism and vitriol is absurd.
    100 percent agree, like I said some people listen to David Todd on Bng radio toooo much.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]