Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Concur on this part. What kind of team doesn't try to score a touchdown from the 1 with the game still in play? One with no poise or moxie. We put it to those Packer bastards on their own beef. Touchdown Le'Bell!
    The one that has a porous defense and poor special teams play and shouldn't leave a team a minute and a half to try and score a touchdown. Burn the darn clock, the Steelers were 2nd and 1 on the 1 with 1:25 to go, Ben takes a shotgun snap (which he did) stands there for 2 seconds and gives himself up with 1:23 to go and the 40 second clock on, snap the 3rd down with 44 seconds to go in the game, take a knee and call a timeout with 3 seconds to go in the game for the 4th down FG.

Even if the FG doesn't burn the final 3 seconds, you then correct the second mistake by squibbing the kickoff to a lineman, tackle him and the game is over. There should have never been a run back of 71 yards. It was poor clock management and a bad decision to kick it deep that allowed the Packers one final gasp that almost came to fruition.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Problem is... it's chronic... Tomlin continues to make the wrong decisions at critical times.... Talking about it on the radio now.... Saying this is a multi billion dollar league, coaches make millions of dollars, these simple things regarding clock mgmnt. etc, should NOT be happening every week... Tom Bradley is thinking they may have to hire someone to help with these decisions at the end of the game/ half.

If that is the case.......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    You guys are high. Run the ball as we did and go for the TD all day long. All you need to do is look at the GB blocked FG from the same spot earlier in the quarter. Tomlin and Haley made the right call and there are no two-ways about it. Those of you who say otherwise...or who at least are criticizing the call don't know jack.

Shut your pie holes and enjoy one of the finer victories of the year.
    X2! Message too short eh? well X2 again

You guys are still awesome people. Just 'cause you don't know jack, doesn't mean...JACK! Wooooooo!!!!!!

You play to win the game!!!

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Problem is... it's chronic... Tomlin continues to make the wrong decisions at critical times.... Talking about it on the radio now.... Saying this is a multi billion dollar league, coaches make millions of dollars, these simple things regarding clock mgmnt. etc, should NOT be happening every week... Tom Bradley is thinking they may have to hire someone to help with these decisions at the end of the game/ half.

If that is the case.......

what kills me the most about this guy is his self proclaimed attention to detail BS
    1) ERIC EBRON TE/ MIKE EVANS WR
    2) JORDAN MATHEWS WR/ SEFERIAN-JENKINS TE
    3-7) DEFENSE

Indefensible. You kill clock in that situation no matter what. I completely disagree with the decision to not at least kneel once. I agree you go for a td but after a Ben dive for no gain. Self inflicted pressure on your ST and defense that was porous all day.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Indefensible. You kill clock in that situation no matter what. I completely disagree with the decision to not at least kneel once. I agree you go for a td but after a Ben dive for no gain. Self inflicted pressure on your ST and defense that was porous all day.
    Please. Indefensible? That assertion is nothing short of laughable. How many times have we seen us have to settle for FGs? It still only puts you up by 3 and as we almost saw on the kickoff, anything can happen.

I can see how people might want to try and burn clock, but to criticize the decision to score a TD violates me as a football guy.

You play to win the game!!

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Hall of Famer
    Last I checked it is the Offense's job to score points (as many as possible in 60 min) and it Defense's job to prevent points scored.

Tomlin put his faith in both units to do their job, one side did their's, the other almost didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Last I checked it is the Offense's job to score points (as many as possible in 60 min) and it Defense's job to prevent points scored.

Tomlin put his faith in both units to do their job, one side did their's, the other almost didn't.
    You can also prevent points being scored with your clock management, by making it tougher on the opponent and easier on your defense. Tomlin had the opportunity to do that. Basically, in that situation, of all the options available to him, he gave the Packers the best opportunity to tie the game. The only way he could have made it worse is if he had kicked the FG on second down.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I know..... Tomlin does some stupid things.....
    I love Tomlin, but his weakness is definitely clock management...