Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CB a big problem for 2014?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CB a big problem for 2014?

So lets say Troy stays for a fair price. The Steelers can draft a 1st or 2nd round talent at CB. Do you like the idea of Ike staying for a fair price to be the "#2 CB" or even at FS since Clark is done? I agree with Dub that 2 young CB's are needed from this draft or by a giant stretch a FA CB? Does Will Allen stick around on the cheap to play FS? Does Shark play FS with Troy on the field? Still not sold on Allen. Gay is what the #3 maybe #4 CB in 2014 if a high draft pick CB does happen? The young guys here now are Brown, Blake, and Green. Are any of those guys more then special teamers? Oh how about golden at FS? I am not sure about him. Will a FS be drafted? If so what spot? Does any one see any FA CB or FS on the cheap that are better then we have now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike is still the best option for us at CB, including anyone in the draft. I see us keeping the guy for 2-3 more years. He is a top 10 cover corner.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we need one CB somewhere in the first three rounds of this draft and another developmental project later in draft or via UDFA. I agree with SC, Ike has a few more years left. He may not be the front line starter in Year 3 but he does have a temendous work ethic and keeps himself physically in great shape.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Even though Ike can't catch a cold, I'd give him a look see at FS, as Ovi mentioned he keeps himself in great shape, his work rate is high, he's a good tackler and he understands the defense. I would love to have a veteran back there or the best FS in the draft. Personally, I think FS is the biggest need on this team going into the draft. Look at the number of big plays given up this year, that is probably one of the biggest reasons the Steelers are fighting to stay above .500.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we need one CB somewhere in the first three rounds of this draft and another developmental project later in draft or via UDFA. I agree with SC, Ike has a few more years left. He may not be the front line starter in Year 3 but he does have a temendous work ethic and keeps himself physically in great shape.
    I agree, and I think in the top 2 picks, with possibly a second DB later. I have my eye on a small school prospect I would like the Steelers to grab and develop.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

This guy... [url]http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/darqueze_dennard_716520.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope that the Steelers and Ike are able to reach an agreement on a paycut. I'd perhaps even extend Ike for a year - cut his base this year and then give him an extra year at $3 million or so. Despite his struggles this year, I think he is probably still the team's best option. The Steelers could certainly use youth in the secondary, whether a FS or a corner. I wouldn't mind seeing a corner early, but you can say that about almost every position on the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Ike is still the best option for us at CB, including anyone in the draft. I see us keeping the guy for 2-3 more years. He is a top 10 cover corner.
    Ike is NOT a top 10 corner... he is still a good CB for our system but he is no longer top 10. He would be the #2 on a lot of teams.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I don't think Ike is a top 10 corner. He's solid but top 10? Really?

2-3 more years? Ike at 36. I can't wait. I saw a drop off in Ike's play this year. He was chasing guys with his arms out like a zombie on the Walking Dead.

This secondary is in serious trouble. Ike is aging (and its showing) and we have zero depth.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is going to be a great NFL CB. He is top 15 worthy.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...B258D5FE879770
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash