Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CB a big problem for 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yep, this is a reconstruction year for the defense which is why you don't need to use #15 on defense especially for a Nose Tackle. It will be 2015 or 2016 before things get right with this defense so make the offense harder to defend and more potent so they can pick up the slack.

It would be a terrible move not to invest in offense so both the offense and defense are at the mediocre to good level together. One unit has to excel and the offense is the one that is closer to moving to the next level.
    The only way I see the Steelers drafting offense at 1.15 is if they manage to improve the defense through FA. The one thing the Steelers never do is throw in the towel because it's a rebuilding year, they always believe they can compete. The defense needs help bad and if there isn't any to be had or paid for in FA then they need to continue the reconstruction this year. Waiting another year to start just leaves more holes to fill.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The only way I see the Steelers drafting offense at 1.15 is if they manage to improve the defense through FA. The one thing the Steelers never do is throw in the towel because it's a rebuilding year, they always believe they can compete. The defense needs help bad and if there isn't any to be had or paid for in FA then they need to continue the reconstruction this year. Waiting another year to start just leaves more holes to fill.

Pappy
    Exactly... I never though Ovi would go to the dark side. You can't fix the D by ignoring it.

Round 2 (46) Pittsburgh Steelers: Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida

The Steelers have to address the cornerback position. Ike Taylor was dreadful this past year, as the receivers he battled - save for A.J. Green, oddly enough - posted season-high totals against him.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_2.php

Marcus Roberson from florida would be a better fit than Purifoy.

It is kinda funnny that for as bad as Ike was last season, AJ Green can still call him daddy

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Exactly... I never though Ovi would go to the dark side. You can't fix the D by ignoring it.
    Guys--I've always been all obver the defense and ahve been a defense first guy, but I just think it is a bigger job than we think especially with LeBeau's business as usual. As long as he is there it won't be a quick change unless they go big into free agency. Regardless of what his defenders say, he just doesn't play rookies or even first year players. We saw that with the heralded "second coming" J Jones last year. Almost zero impact!

We have the best chance we have had in a decade to take our offense to the elite level. I don't want us to miss out on that chance.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

, it's his fault

Regardless of what his defenders say, he just doesn't play rookies or even first year players. We saw that with the heralded "second coming" J Jones last year. Almost zero impact!
    You just contradicted yourself...

First LeBeau doesn't play rookies...then, when he does, it's his fault that the rookie isn't effective?

Legend
    Guys--I've always been all obver the defense and ahve been a defense first guy, but I just think it is a bigger job than we think especially with LeBeau's business as usual. As long as he is there it won't be a quick change unless they go big into free agency. Regardless of what his defenders say, he just doesn't play rookies or even first year players. We saw that with the heralded "second coming" J Jones last year. Almost zero impact!

We have the best chance we have had in a decade to take our offense to the elite level. I don't want us to miss out on that chance.
    I'm sorry but every draft we hear this nonsense about player X taking us to the next level.

What exactly did Jones do to earn a starting spot? It was given to him and then he promptly failed to produce, so Lebeau moved back down the depth chart, where he belonged. Just putting a player on the field because he's young is a recipe for disaster on either side of the ball.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    History, never repeats...blah, blah..

2007- Timmons LB Defense
    2008- Mendenhall RB Offense
    2009- Hood DE Defense
    2010- Pouncey OC Offense
    2011- Heyward DE Defense
    2012- DeCastro OG Offense
    2013- Jones LB Defense
    2014- ?

2014- Ovi is happy.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    History, never repeats...blah, blah..

2007- Timmons LB Defense
    2008- Mendenhall RB Offense
    2009- Hood DE Defense
    2010- Pouncey OC Offense
    2011- Heyward DE Defense
    2012- DeCastro OG Offense
    2013- Jones LB Defense
    2014- ?

2014- Ovi is happy.
    Or,...if one plays the established "odds",....we take a kicker or kick returner. And oddly enough, O will still be happy ?
    Mike Evans WR

Aaron donald DT

Pierre Desir CB

Cassius Marsh OLB

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/31...one_medium.gif