Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Keisel's time here running out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Stop acting like he didn't play well last season. I'm sure players the caliber of dangerfield, mauro, Howard jones, and justin brown will be available if they have to get cut

Trading bums for a player that can make an actual impact. Crazy thought

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he cut his beard, he is useless to us. Okay, so I came out and said it ! We were all thinking it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Just saw the signing after pimping the idea and I love it. For all of you who dismiss the leadership he can bring to the table and the ethic he can help instill in these guys, all while playing a valuable role on the field, I say let the signing serve as evidence of that legitimacy. We aren't going to sign Kiesel because everybody in the front office thinks he's a great guy or they love his beard. Our staff understands what he brings to the table and that increased level of continuity to Black and Gold championship glory has got me jacked!!

All this will cost is a likely roster spot for Mauro or Williams...both of whom could probably be stashed on the PS and called up if Kiesel does go down with injury.
    Your second really smart, well reasoned post in this thread. Well done. There's not a single guy The Beard is supposedly keeping off roster that would make a difference. Silly to imply otherwise. Obviously the coaching staff watching all the players every single day deemed him a positive for the team over guys that are already there. Anyone thinking this is some sort of sentimental signing is a fool.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not saying there isn't a good player in this current group of bubble players, but you just gotttttttttttta trust the coaches on this one that the next Reggie white or Lawrence Taylor is not being let go. Keisel can have an actually impact on the team this year, that's more important that hoping to hit on an late round/UDFA which mind you, the steelers have been pretty good at developing lately. Keisel beat someone out to make the roster as a 7th round pick, evidently one of these guys didn't.

Also, this really could be because cam Thomas blows and they know it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Also, this really could be because cam Thomas blows and they know it
    wondered if that is true, myself.. not that i expect it, but, wouldn't be totally shocked if they cut cam and keep a youngin'
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Stop acting like he didn't play well last season. I'm sure players the caliber of dangerfield, mauro, Howard jones, and justin brown will be available if they have to get cut

Trading bums for a player that can make an actual impact. Crazy thought
    First off if he played so well, only Lebeau seen it and the Steelers west thought so because he lasted till the third week of preseason ( not a surprise Lebeau thought so because he love keeping old vets around ) and (not surprised Steelers west thought so because they love our rejects) And Kiesel wasn't that good against the run I would say average. I give him the pass rushing part in which he was decent but not great. But now you are taking that chance away from younger more gifted athletes alone the DL. NOT PROVEN BUT MORE GIFTED.
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 08-19-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Time will tell who is correct but my money is on that he won't last 16 games, who wants to take that bet?
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette @EdBouchette ยท

Steelers did not bring Keisel back to sit on bench, and he did not return to do so.

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Not sure why people are surprised by this. Heath Miller early made a comment bout Keisel not being back yet. They always knew they would bring him back. They just saved him the Trip to Latrobe. He will come on the cheap and play a role of contributor and Mentor. He can still play at a High level if healthy. I am worried about losing a young D linemen like McCullers do to numbers. Hope he and the kid from Stanford can be stashed to the practice squad.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's a reason #99 wasn't getting worn by anyone in camp.

I will say this though, I hope McCullers makes the roster. I think he's as good as gone if he goes to the PS. Some team can use behemoth such as him on their line. It's worth keeping him around to see if he can realize his possible potential.