Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194

Thread: Brett Keisel's time here running out

  1. #161
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,175
    BTW, Cam Thomas is a proven idiot. Not that I care if he has herpes or not but the lawsuit tells the rest of the story.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  2. #162
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,788
    we better not lose a young guy over this signing... I know he is a fan favorite but he is also old and injury prone.

    I would hate to see Keisel in sweats this season.

  3. #163
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    Even if we have flops on the team that we need to let go of like say, Cam Thomas or whomever, there will be other teams cuts that possibly can be of value to us. I'm in the place right now, out with the old and in with the new.

  4. #164
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    First off if he played so well, only Lebeau seen it and the Steelers west thought so because he lasted till the third week of preseason ( not a surprise Lebeau thought so because he love keeping old vets around ) and (not surprised Steelers west thought so because they love our rejects) And Kiesel wasn't that good against the run I would say average. I give him the pass rushing part in which he was decent but not great. But now you are taking that chance away from younger more gifted athletes alone the DL. NOT PROVEN BUT MORE GIFTED.
    Who are all these more gifted athletes? And how come you see them but the coaches dont? You are acting like any 3rd string caliber player can make an impact on the field in the regular season just because they look good late in a preseason game

  5. #165
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we better not lose a young guy over this signing... I know he is a fan favorite but he is also old and injury prone.

    I would hate to see Keisel in sweats this season.

    That is my concern. Kiesel is a favorite of mine but this smacks of the same old unwillingness to trust younger players to step up and get the job done.

    At best he is going to be no more than a rotational player. He can't start anymore, so why not let a young player rotate in? This is one of my biggest frustrations with LeBeau's defense. He just can't get out of his comfort zone unless he has no choice.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #166
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Who are all these more gifted athletes? And how come you see them but the coaches dont? You are acting like any 3rd string caliber player can make an impact on the field in the regular season just because they look good late in a preseason game
    Impact? Maybe, but that means you would have to give them a chance. However, again we appear to be willing to deny a young player with potential game experience when the bullets are really flying because we are "comfortable" with an older player "who knows the system" despite declining skills and health.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #167
    I have 0 concerns. This is simply a safe signing that adds depth.
    What happened to the Cardinals can happen and will happen to every team this year! Bumps and bruises to the men who get hit on every single play is a part of the game.

    Add a guy who knows the system like the back of his hand and plug and play him only when needed.

    The best part is Brett could care less how much he plays, when he plays, and if he gets cut next year. It allows us 1 year to develop our young guys and to allow them to LEARN a very complicated system.

    LOVE THIS SIGNING!

  8. #168
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    But Keisel made this team as a wedge buster on ST and then added 30 pounds when Kimo walked...these other guys can still make the team, they are just going to beat out of a few other candidates.

    They have 3 players on defense over 30 (completely normal), two of them have a young player waiting in the wings. They have the youngest LB corps in the league (Jones 24, Worilds 26, Timmons 28, and Shazier 21) Also, the front seven itself is one of the youngest with Mcclendon at 28, Heyward at 25, and Tuitt at 21.

    Shamarko is the future at SS behind Troy, Tuitt is the future at DE behind Keisel/Cam Thomas, and Ike has no one behind him of any interest lol

    Someone reported its likely they will have Heyward, Thomas, Tuitt, Keisel, and Mauro at DE and Nick Williams to the PS....but we will see what happens. If Mauro makes the roster at least half of you will stop crying.

    A player that can play this year is better than hoping one of 5 on the bubble late round/UDFAs can contribute in a year or two

  9. #169
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    But Keisel made this team as a wedge buster on ST and then added 30 pounds when Kimo walked...these other guys can still make the team, they are just going to beat out of a few other candidates.

    They have 3 players on defense over 30 (completely normal), two of them have a young player waiting in the wings. They have the youngest LB corps in the league (Jones 24, Worilds 26, Timmons 28, and Shazier 21) Also, the front seven itself is one of the youngest with Mcclendon at 28, Heyward at 25, and Tuitt at 21.

    Shamarko is the future at SS behind Troy, Tuitt is the future at DE behind Keisel/Cam Thomas, and Ike has no one behind him of any interest lol

    Someone reported its likely they will have Heyward, Thomas, Tuitt, Keisel, and Mauro at DE and Nick Williams to the PS....but we will see what happens. If Mauro makes the roster at least half of you will stop crying.

    A player that can play this year is better than hoping one of 5 on the bubble late round/UDFAs can contribute in a year or two
    Be careful with facts and logic at times it is frowned upon.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #170
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,201
    I am confused that people seem to think the Steelers are averse to cutting/not re-signing veterans and bring back guys (including all time fan favorites on occasion) for sentimental reasons. Ward, A Smith, Farrior, Harrison, Reed, Foote, Parker, Woodley, Hampton, Hoke. Heck, even Coach Porter was allowed to walk when they Steelers thought they had gotten all they could out of him.

    It's clear that this decision wasn't made in a vacuum. The talent was fairly evaluated and the conclusion was made that Keisel was a legitimate upgrade/addition to the d-line over the current list of potential players. It's a guarantee that Coaches Tomlin, Lebeau, Mitchell had numerous discussions regarding this decision. Heck, they may have even consulted coaches Butler, Porter, and Olsavsky for their opinion on how the d-line was doing clearing the way for the backers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •