Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Keisel's time here running out

I'm doing stone work for a contractor that is working on Brett's house. I'm not at Brett's house but, I'm getting the grapevine talk.. From the start of the season they guys said it's been very down in the dumps for the Keisel's. Bad season starting out with topping it off with Brett's age and now the injuries. No news here and who wouldn't have guessed any of this.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Since we're reminiscing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOG9K02F_g

can't forget Peezy
    Thanks for posting this Thor. When I saw some of those faces in the locker room.. Bettis, smith, kimo, porter, etc.. it gave me goose bumps..lol

and it also reminded me how far that this team has fallen in a fairly short period of time.

I don't get what everyone sees in Timmons. A guy that had taken so long to make it onto the field after being a number one selection. His talent to me should have been " rush the quarterback " He can blast off the line as well as anyone. They have him as a check valve in my opinion. Woodley was great when he had James Harrison getting all the attention. Once James left, Woodley was just good and now a liability. Pouncey is another guy I can't understand that gets so much credit. Yeah he's good but he isn't making that big of statement when he's on the field. Maybe because we had Dawson and Webster all the years I'm too critical of him. Those were centers that did and should have gotten the love. Hartings to me was just as good and probably better than Pouncey. Velasco is an improvement to Pouncey. If you don't agree with my Pouncey statement here's one you can't overlook, the guy can't remain healthy and is a liability. All you hear is, the offensive line needs to grow together, learn each others moves. That will never happen with the revolving door of centers since Pouncey can't stay on the field. The way Hood has been just average at best, I couldn't understand why they haven't had Heyward in there sooner. The Steelers are a farm team grooming guys and when they are ready to play / start, they can't afford them or over pay for a guy that owes them it all. Decastro seems to be improving and this WAS his rookie season and hopefully he will be an anchor on our line for years to come. I was all in Mendenhalls corner and attributed some of his lack luster to an ever changing line and an offensive coordinator that couldn't give two cents worth of attention to a run game. He seemed to have little focus and no one as a coach to groom him or to motivate him to do better. Today, I'm glad he's gone. I'm happy for Worilds that he is finally showing or getting the chance to do what they were all excited about him for when they drafted him. To me about Bell, he's better than the other guys on the team. He'll never be an NFL star, or someone teams game plan for.

Legend
    Timmons has been on the field since day one. If his job was just to rush the QB you would've seen instant results. This is part of the good and bad of a Lebeau D.... our LB's do it all but it also limits their ability to get 10 to 15 sacks because they are in coverage. I remember one year when fans were bashing Timmons and Lebeau said Timmons had an AMAZING year because he filled in at ever LB position when guys went down.

Pouncey is another one.... he has been healthy for the majority of his career but thedings have added up and made him into a so called liability. Not sure why anyone would use this year as proof he is injury prone. Thats like Gilbert falling on Ben's leg and blaming Haley for not keeping Ben clean. Also look at our OL in general and the OC and run game with Pouncey. If we had Bettis and a commitment to the run you guys would call him a HOFer. Mendenhall stayed hurt, the OL was a revolving door of injuries even when Pouncey was healthy and most fans blamed BA for being predictable in the running game. Our O under BA was rutm to set up big plays downfield and it worked pretty well.

Hood... I agree. Still wonder if he will turn the corner once the makeover up front is complete.

I think once Pouncey returns and the OL gels Bell will be a problem. Right now he is showing patience and getting 2 or 3 yards where most would get none and heis a beast out of the back field in the passing game.

I truly believe this team needs a few pieces on D before we make a SB run in 2015. The O is playing well but the D has a few holes in the secondary.

Hall of Famer

can't forget Peezy
    Damn, that's what I was going to say. How you going to forget Peezy (the emotional LEADER)?

Brett Keisel should look into an acting career once he retires at the end of this season, there's an opening on Duck Dynasty he would be perfect for...

Everyone is told sooner or later that their career is at the end. Keisel has had a special run here. He was terrific on special teams when he was starting out. That td saving tackle on the Alexander cut back run in SBXL was what I will always remember about him. A great 7th round pick was a credit to our draft team.
    Guys like Kiesel are the reason I'm so proud to be a fan of the B & G.

I can't remember that tackle, I wonder if it will be on YouTube ? I think that is what makes a team a champion when, your mid and lower round guys turnout to be heavy hitters like Keisel. We've had the blessing of other guys too such as Aaron Smith, Hines, Antonio to name a few. Wasn't too long ago fans were waiting for Brett to be a starter because they seen good things in a limited role. When Brett did get the start and came on slow or slower than we would have liked, they were calling for his job lol. Thank goodness the front office doesn't listen to the fans coaching advice. I hope they always listen to our displeasure when we lose because, I think if you keep silent and continue to patronize a team and buy their gear etc, the owners tend to allow things to stay just so so as long as they're making money. JMHO.

Rookie

can't forget Peezy
    YO WO NIGH!! If only the current Steelers had some of that fire and enthusiasm. We got a glimpse of it in the Bengals game, but one can't help but be nostalgic for a premier defense and dominating running game. But I guess that sort of thing can't be part of the pass-happy NFL now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan View Post
    YO WO NIGH!! If only the current Steelers had some of that fire and enthusiasm. We got a glimpse of it in the Bengals game, but one can't help but be nostalgic for a premier defense and dominating running game. But I guess that sort of thing can't be part of the pass-happy NFL now.
    you said it steelerfan. thanks for posting that clip. what exactly is he saying with yo wo nigh ?