Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ Foster: We Have A Shot & That Is All We Need

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Question: Do the Bungals have anything to play for??
    Yup, first round bye if they win and NE loses, they'll play to win.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Ruh Roh Reorge...

Andy Reid may rest his starters in Week 17
    Posted by Josh Alper on December 23, 2013, 1:38 PM EST

The Chiefs are locked into the fifth seed in the AFC regardless of what happens for them next weekend, so they may not expose some of their starters to the risk of injury when they travel to San Diego.

Andy Reid said Monday, via Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star, that he is still making up his mind about how to approach the game with the Chargers. Reid noted that he’d had success after resting players for the postseason in the past, so players like Jamaal Charles and Alex Smith may be getting plenty of rest before Kansas City plays in the Wild Card round.

The biggest argument to make for playing the starters for at least some of Week 17 might be the way the Chiefs looked against the Colts on Sunday. It was a listless performance across the board and Reid could opt for ending the regular season on a better note next week.

Reid’s decision could impact more than just the Chiefs. The Chargers are one of the four teams still alive in the race for the sixth playoff spot in the AFC and a win would seem to be more likely when facing second-stringers for the Chiefs.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-in-week-17/

If that happens, then the Chiefs go into the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak and go one and done against the Bengals or the Cheatriots...

Then, neither fan base (Pitt nor KC) will be happy...

The Chiefs were 9-0 at one point they have lost 4 of 6 down the stretch and have been outclassed by the better teams in the league. I don' know why Reid would put those statements in print, but the chiefs need to play a hard football game and win it to go into the playoffs with some mojo. I sense they will be one and done if they lose another game even by playing backups, I think its a smoke screen and the Chiefs play to win.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Starter
    Yea, I've got KC going "All out" this weekend. I think we've got a real shot in 2 out of 3...with the long shot being the Jets.

The Jets have won one road game this year. And that was a 2 point win against the horrible Falcons. And they aren't just losing on the road, they are getting destroyed: 38-13 to the Titans, 49-9 bungles, 37-14 Buffalo, 19-3 rats, 30-20 panthers. They've had two decent road games early in the year at Atlanta and NE. Lately they are horrible.

It's a wrap. As mentioned the Jets are awful and the Chargers are only losing to one of three teams from here on out, the Patsies, The Broncos or Whichever team represents the NFC in the Big Dance imo.

Hall of Famer
    Anything can happen with the Jets. I think the players really like Rex. Rex played the "word on the street is that I'm getting fired" card last week, and they won. Who knows how much effect that has, but if the guys bow up for their coach's last game as their coach, we got better than a snowball's chance IMO.

AFC Playoffs: Miami Has 66% Chance of Being Last Wildcard, Based on Point Spreads

By Jason Lisk December 23, 2013

Earlier, I went through the scenarios in the AFC and how certain teams could qualify, so you will want to look at that to see how the sausage is made. Not all scenarios are equal, though. The chances that Denver and New England both lose are not the same as both winning, since both teams are heavy favorites.

I used the current average point spread listed here for each game and then used the average win percentage for all games in the last decade that were within a half point of that line. So, for example, Pittsburgh is favored by 7 over Cleveland. Teams that were favored by 6.5, 7, or 7.5 points have won 295 and lost 112 games over the last decade (72.5%).

Every team in the AFC playoff hunt whose position is uncertain is favored, except Baltimore, who plays against Cincinnati. Many of them are large favorites (San Diego, Denver, New England, and Indianapolis are all favored by 9 or more).

Add the win percentages based on point spread, and here is what we get for the final wildcard spot:

Miami – 66.0%
    San Diego – 16.7%
    Baltimore – 14.6%
    Pittsburgh – 2.7%

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/23/afc...point-spreads/

2.7% isn't much according to their math. oh well, I just hope we beat Cleveland because well, its Cleveland.

Lets see if we can limit Josh Gordon to pedestrian numbers this time.