Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown Maturing Into Elite WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Seeing what the Steelers have gotten out of Brown, did they get a bargain with what they are paying him or is it a fair amount for both sides ? Maybe too early to tell but with me and to this point, the Steelers have done real well with this.
    I would say that Brown has been the steal of a lifetime being drafted in the 6th round and becoming a #1 with a nice contract, but nothing like an elite WR would be paid.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

We definitely made the right decision with signing Brown...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was a steal and I like how humble he is. I love his Charlie Chaplin walk or whatever the name for it is when he scores. When they interview him, he's a well natured guy and not full of himself. Remember when he didn't have the contract ? Remember when Wallace was the topic ? Brown was team talking, appreciating his position and the future he could have with this team if your a hard working player. He said and did all the right stuff and he's also doing all the right stuff on the field. I think he watched and learned from Hines and the other guys on the team that had longevity, made their money and was a front office, team, fans, coaches type of player. Like I said, he's okay in my book.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Great picture. Front office kept us a star player. Fantastic investment decision.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Brown does his job. And he does so with relative consistency. Not only is he talented but he plays with intensity, passion and will to win. I like the kid.

And i think he will become even better when he refines his blocking and stops prancing as though he is a woman dancing after any successful play that he is a part of,....but i am old school.lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's pretty impressive with Bell accomplishing this in just his first season as the number one receiver. I'm surprised that Wallace isn't up there on the list. I'm very surprised that Stallworth has so many yards especially when the team was known for running the ball or that was the running era of football. Remember when Franco and rocky both were 1000 yard rushers in one season ? Now that's a running team. Lynn Swann once said, " Rocky is the only 1000 yard rusher he ever seen get all his yards running straight up the field, never any cuts or swivel hipping it. " Power running at its best.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm surprised that Wallace isn't up there on the list.
    Wallace was always more hype than substance, just ask the Miami Dolphins

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not doing well there ? I thought he was the darling of the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's not doing well there ? I thought he was the darling of the team.
    I know a large number of Miami fans here in Florida who hate the guy. They feel they got totally screwed after signing him and seeing how he actually plays.