Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brown Maturing Into Elite WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    No,...Mike "Alls i do is runs reeeeal fast" Wallace. lol
    Are you trying to say Wallace wasn't productive for us? That's just crazy. The guy was money for us except for the last year. Granted, that year he phoned it in but other than that he was one of the most feared receivers in the game. Didn't he and Ben combine for the most plays over 40 yards ... more than any other team for his 1st 3 years. Didn't people say he couldn't replace Stonio and then he had a fantastic 2nd year?

I understand people being down on him because of his last year and him leaving for the money but damn, the guy was great for what we were paying him.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Are you trying to say Wallace wasn't productive for us? That's just crazy. The guy was money for us except for the last year. Granted, that year he phoned it in but other than that he was one of the most feared receivers in the game. Didn't he and Ben combine for the most plays over 40 yards ... more than any other team for his 1st 3 years. Didn't people say he couldn't replace Stonio and then he had a fantastic 2nd year?

I understand people being down on him because of his last year and him leaving for the money but damn, the guy was great for what we were paying him.
    That is the reason the Dolphins spent all that loot on him. It's not like they put on a blindfold and threw a dart at a board with the names of FA's on it. The guy was pretty sweet for us and to my knowledge, never said a bad word about the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown wins AP All-Pro Honors

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Antonio Brown was named a second-team Associated Press All-Pro selection.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown is a second-team All-Pro selection by the Associated Press. Brown is a second-team selection along with the Bengals A.J. Green and Broncos Demaryius Thomas. The first-team selections were the Lions Calvin Johnson and Browns receiver Josh Gordon.

Brown, the Steelers 2013 MVP and a Pro Bowl selection as a receiver and punt returner, is the only Steelers’ player to be selected to the team.

Brown, who won the MVP award twice in his four seasons, finished the 2013 season with 1,499 receiving yards, a Steelers single season record.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-wins-AP-All-Pro-Honors/cd8d0c0c-ee3b-4145-9d0b-8e9fb0ae6d9a[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    That is the reason the Dolphins spent all that loot on him. It's not like they put on a blindfold and threw a dart at a board with the names of FA's on it. The guy was pretty sweet for us and to my knowledge, never said a bad word about the Steelers.
    I agree with Sugar. Wallace was a good, occasionally great talent for the Steelers and never caused an issue off the field or said anything distasteful about the team. While I'm certainly glad the Steelers didn't overpay for him; I can't find fault in a young man signing a contract with a another team that is generational, life changing money. Good for him. The market spoke and he answered appropriately.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha