Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown Maturing Into Elite WR

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Brown does his job. And he does so with relative consistency. Not only is he talented but he plays with intensity, passion and will to win. I like the kid.

And i think he will become even better when he refines his blocking and stops prancing as though he is a woman dancing after any successful play that he is a part of,....but i am old school.lol
    If there is any complaint about Brown, actually any of the Steelers WRs, it's that they don't have Hines Ward blocking ability.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    He's not doing well there ? I thought he was the darling of the team.
    He was until he actually played a few games,showed fans he is one dimensional and can only catch long passes that are perfectly thrown.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If there is any complaint about Brown, actually any of the Steelers WRs, it's that they don't have Hines Ward blocking ability.
    those Hines Ward blocks are no longer legal...

Once again, the Steelers knew what they were doing by retaining Brown over Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Once again, the Steelers knew what they were doing by retaining Brown over Wallace.
    Yeah,...but if they really knew what they were doing in the War Room why would they go Al Davis and draft a player with absolutely nothing on his college resume in terms of productivity at his position with the exception of exceptional speed and expect him to be a player of the caliber that Hines or even Santo was ?

Oh i forgot,...it was another, "Mike Tomlin i'am sure gonna look like a genius when this project player shocks the world and takes the league by storm, cause that's more important than drafting rationally"" pick. smh lol
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 12-23-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Are you referring to Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Are you referring to Brown?
    No,...Mike "Alls i do is runs reeeeal fast" Wallace. lol

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    No,...Mike "Alls i do is runs reeeeal fast" Wallace. lol
    Probably because we wanted a WR who could run REAL fast as the #3 in a BA offense. Nate Washington also had great stats for a one dimensional WR as the #3.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Probably because we wanted a WR who could run REAL fast as the #3 in a BA offense. Nate Washington also had great stats for a one dimensional WR as the #3.

And uh,...how well did that work out for us there dizz ?

Pro Bowler
    Brown isn't maturing into an elite WR, he is an elite WR right now. Every game I watch, I just keep saying, "Where would we be without him?"