Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Media Darlings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

New Media Darlings

Media slobbering all over the Ravens today. I watched the game and have to say I was unimpressed. There were at least 3 Flacco chuck-and-hope passes that went for completions. Detroit DBs are pathetic and for all the hype they get, their defensive line was hardly pressuring the QB. I would also add that even though Stafford has an arm, he really needs to have better decisionmaking. The game really reminded me of BAL/DEN game last season.

Wish the Steelers had a chance to spoil things for them this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Media slobbering all over the Ravens today. I watched the game and have to say I was unimpressed. There were at least 3 Flacco chuck-and-hope passes that went for completions. Detroit DBs are pathetic and for all the hype they get, their defensive line was hardly pressuring the QB. I would also add that even though Stafford has an arm, he really needs to have better decisionmaking. The game really reminded me of BAL/DEN game last season.

Wish the Steelers had a chance to spoil things for them this season.
    Well, I came away from the game with a different take on the Ravens. They are a team that knows how to win football games. They will in all likelihood beat New England, which will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Bengals. The Ravens (IMO) will be the AFC North champs again and a dangerous team in the playoffs, they know how to win ugly and they have a difference maker in Tucker.

They could have easily lost last night, but didn't.
    They could have easily lost last week, but didn't.
    The Steelers could have beaten them, but didn't.

They're a dangerous team right, this is when they play best, it's their time of the season, I wish the Steelers had their resiliency.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 12-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, I came away from the game with a different take on the Ravens. They are a team that knows how to win football games. They will in all likelihood beat New England, which will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Bengals. The Ravens (IMO) will be the AFC North champs again and a dangerous team in the playoffs, they know how to win ugly and they have a difference maker in Tucker.

They're a dangerous team right, this is when they play best, it's their time of the season, I wish the Steelers had their resiliency.

Pappy
    im not sure they even make the playoffs and if they do, 1 and done
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im not sure they even make the playoffs and if they do, 1 and done
    That's what everyone kept saying last year as well and they just kept coming up with clutch play after clutch play. Same for the past three weeks, when they need a play, someone steps up and makes the play.

And, just remember, "Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity - anonymous"

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

That's what everyone kept saying last year as well and they just kept coming up with clutch play after clutch play. Same for the past three weeks, when they need a play, someone steps up and makes the play.

And, just remember, "Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity - anonymous"

Pappy
    true, i just think the team is way less dangerous than last year.
    i guess a friendly 'i told you so' bet is in order?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    basically...

they are who we used to be... clutch mixed in with some luck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    basically...

Bingo! Was his name o...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    basically...

They won on a 61 yard FG...luck...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I take it back...not luck, just flat out being allowed to cheat:

durham.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They won on a 61 yard FG...luck...
    dude was hitting 70 yarders in pregame. He hit 5 against us and 6 last week. That isn't luck...

I think the luck was Megatron dropping 2 or 3 WIDE OPEN passes.