Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: New Media Darlings

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,864

    New Media Darlings

    Media slobbering all over the Ravens today. I watched the game and have to say I was unimpressed. There were at least 3 Flacco chuck-and-hope passes that went for completions. Detroit DBs are pathetic and for all the hype they get, their defensive line was hardly pressuring the QB. I would also add that even though Stafford has an arm, he really needs to have better decisionmaking. The game really reminded me of BAL/DEN game last season.

    Wish the Steelers had a chance to spoil things for them this season.

  2. #2
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Media slobbering all over the Ravens today. I watched the game and have to say I was unimpressed. There were at least 3 Flacco chuck-and-hope passes that went for completions. Detroit DBs are pathetic and for all the hype they get, their defensive line was hardly pressuring the QB. I would also add that even though Stafford has an arm, he really needs to have better decisionmaking. The game really reminded me of BAL/DEN game last season.

    Wish the Steelers had a chance to spoil things for them this season.
    Well, I came away from the game with a different take on the Ravens. They are a team that knows how to win football games. They will in all likelihood beat New England, which will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Bengals. The Ravens (IMO) will be the AFC North champs again and a dangerous team in the playoffs, they know how to win ugly and they have a difference maker in Tucker.

    They could have easily lost last night, but didn't.
    They could have easily lost last week, but didn't.
    The Steelers could have beaten them, but didn't.

    They're a dangerous team right, this is when they play best, it's their time of the season, I wish the Steelers had their resiliency.

    Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 12-17-2013 at 01:17 PM.


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,382
    Luckiest team I have ever seen dating back to the playoff game in Denver. I never thought they could get more lucky than they did last week..then last night happens. Better to be good than lucky. The luck is bound to run out. Detroit made self-inflicted mistakes. Screw the Rats.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,189
    Winning will make you popular. People love to jump on the bandwagon. Too bad we forgot that this season!

    I do think they win the next two games and win the AFC North. Would rather see them win the North than the Bumgals anyway.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Winning will make you popular. People love to jump on the bandwagon. Too bad we forgot that this season!

    I do think they win the next two games and win the AFC North. Would rather see them win the North than the Bumgals anyway.
    As much as I can't stand Cincy, I would root for ANYONE over Baltimore.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, I came away from the game with a different take on the Ravens. They are a team that knows how to win football games. They will in all likelihood beat New England, which will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Bengals. The Ravens (IMO) will be the AFC North champs again and a dangerous team in the playoffs, they know how to win ugly and they have a difference maker in Tucker.

    They could have easily lost last night, but didn't.
    They could have easily lost last week, but didn't.
    The Steelers could have beaten them, but didn't.

    They're a dangerous team right, this is when they play best, it's their time of the season, I wish the Steelers had their resiliency.

    Pappy
    im not sure they even make the playoffs and if they do, 1 and done
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,891
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, I came away from the game with a different take on the Ravens. They are a team that knows how to win football games. They will in all likelihood beat New England, which will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Bengals. The Ravens (IMO) will be the AFC North champs again and a dangerous team in the playoffs, they know how to win ugly and they have a difference maker in Tucker.

    They could have easily lost last night, but didn't.
    They could have easily lost last week, but didn't.
    The Steelers could have beaten them, but didn't.

    They're a dangerous team right, this is when they play best, it's their time of the season, I wish the Steelers had their resiliency.

    Pappy
    basically...

    they are who we used to be... clutch mixed in with some luck.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    basically...

    they are who we used to be... clutch mixed in with some luck.
    Bingo! Was his name o...

  9. #9
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im not sure they even make the playoffs and if they do, 1 and done
    That's what everyone kept saying last year as well and they just kept coming up with clutch play after clutch play. Same for the past three weeks, when they need a play, someone steps up and makes the play.

    And, just remember, "Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity - anonymous"

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's what everyone kept saying last year as well and they just kept coming up with clutch play after clutch play. Same for the past three weeks, when they need a play, someone steps up and makes the play.

    And, just remember, "Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity - anonymous"

    Pappy
    true, i just think the team is way less dangerous than last year.
    i guess a friendly 'i told you so' bet is in order?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •