Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers first pick of the 2014 NFL draft is...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Nix pick is growing on me.
    It still is dying on the vine for me.

I'd rather go Beau Allen from Wisconsin or someone like that in the later rounds. I am still leaning for a LT if one is available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Round 1) Pittsburgh Steelers: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame

Back when the Steelers had a dominant defense, they were always very forceful up front. They need to retool their line, so adding Louis Nix would really help. Pittsburgh already has a solid nose tackle in Steve McLendon, but there's been speculation that McLendon could be moved outside. Thus, both positions are open for upgrades.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php[/URL]

Do you really think there can be something such as a dominant defense in today's NFL...I don't. Seattle and San Fran may have very good defenses but it took the better part of a decade sucking to get the players in the draft. I would prefer to avoid thast scenario.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Do you really think there can be something such as a dominant defense in today's NFL...I don't. Seattle and San Fran may have very good defenses but it took the better part of a decade sucking to get the players in the draft. I would prefer to avoid thast scenario.
    They did (suck), but absolutely defense can still carry a team. Seattle's D may go down in the annals this year. If they don't, it is because a team like SF beat them. I had to double take, but I couldn't believe when I saw Kuechly register 24 tackles in a game last weekend.

Defense hasn't lost its place.

Legend

User Info Menu

2014 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers select Ha Ha Clinton-Dix with 13th pick

By Neal Coolong on Dec 25 2013

It's not a common thought but one we happen to lean a bit more favorably to in comparison with common picks along the offensive line for the Steelers.

The priorities of the Steelers in this draft seem to change on an hour-to-hour basis, according to SBN. They've previously gone offensive tackle, and now, they're moving over to safety with the selection of Alabama's Ha Ha Clinton-Dix with the 13th overall pick.

Pittsburgh has one of the oldest secondaries in the league and needs an infusion of youth and talent. Clinton-Dix is overwhelmingly the best safety in the draft next year, capable of dropping in coverage and playing near the line of scrimmage.

And this isn't a terrible idea. H2CD has good size and athleticism, and it will be an area of need both immediately and in the future. The Steelers traded a third round pick in this draft to Cleveland for the opportunity to select Shamarko Thomas, which would give the Steelers two young safeties it could pair in the deep secondary with a goal of getting them both on the field as early as 2015.

Veteran Ryan Clark likely won't be back in Pittsburgh in 2014, and Troy Polamalu could be released or given an extension this offseason. That instability will be figured out before the draft, but placing a priority on shoring up the deep secondary - a critical partnership in Dick LeBeau's defense - could be very beneficial as the team launches into its next generation of defenders.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-draft/2013/12/25/5243476/2014-nfl-mock-draft-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ha Ha also makes alot of sense. Pairing him with Shark barring injury solidifies our safeties for many seasons. Ha is a true centerfielder...a playmaker. I would be ok with this pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    It still is dying on the vine for me.

I'd rather go Beau Allen from Wisconsin or someone like that in the later rounds. I am still leaning for a LT if one is available.
    For being a Wolverines fan and wanting Lewan as our first round pick...I am starting to not want him anymore, especially with him being in allegations of attacking Ohio State fans. Steelers don't want troubled players.

Anyways, I am actually starting to think Louis Nix III would be a great pick! Him or Darqueze Dennard!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    For being a Wolverines fan and wanting Lewan as our first round pick...I am starting to not want him anymore, especially with him being in allegations of attacking Ohio State fans. Steelers don't want troubled players.

Anyways, I am actually starting to think Louis Nix III would be a great pick! Him or Darqueze Dennard!
    I just studied the Michigan OSU game from this year. Bosa, OSU DE freshman abused Lewan all day long. He walked Lewan into the QB more times than I can name. It was ugly. IMO, Lewan shouldn't be drafted before the 3rd round. He is way overrated.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ha Ha also makes alot of sense. Pairing him with Shark barring injury solidifies our safeties for many seasons. Ha is a true centerfielder...a playmaker. I would be ok with this pick.
    ...and then factor in that he already plays in a complex 3-4 zone blitz makes it even more sensible.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My wants was first Sammy Watkins or Taylor Lewan...now it's Louis Nix III or Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MY Mock Draft:

1. Louis Nix, DT; Notre Dame
    2. Shayne Skov, ILB; Stanford
    3.-TRADED-