Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers first pick of the 2014 NFL draft is...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    How long did it take JJ to see the field? This isn't like the old days where there is stars all over the field. Next year will be very different. Having said that. I'm drafting Cam Erving.
    Honestly now, if Woodley isn't hurt would JJ really be seeing the field? Let's not act like LeBeau has had an epiphany and now wants to get young players into game situations.

I'd also take Cam Erving over a defensive player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Honestly now, if Woodley isn't hurt would JJ really be seeing the field? Let's not act like LeBeau has had an epiphany and now wants to get young players into game situations.

No epiphany. Just like always he wants to put the best player we have for that position on the field. He doesn't care whether he is young or old.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is some good depth at left tackle this year. Robinson had a bunch of out of frame blocks and looks like he may be the most athletic of all these tackles. If he is in this draft he may be the 2nd T off the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers are averaging 22.9 pts/gm for the season. With an average defense, this is more than enough to win 10 games. Add to that the last 3 gm average of 26 pts/gm and you could say that is plenty offense to get to the playoffs.
    OTOH, the defense has been in decline and allowing an alarming 23.7 pts/gm. Not good enough for a playoff team. Draft defense first, then work on finding the rest of the pieces on O later.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lets not forget JJ was a week 2 starter. And Woodley hurt is a given

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with what you saying about scoring. Our offense needs to get more and more potent to win a championship. Defense does not win anymore. You are good enough if you have a middle of the pack defense rankings wise as long as you can excel at sacks and turnovers.
    So how is BAL in the hunt in front of the Steelers and yet they are 25th in the NFL in points per game?

And you excel at sacks and turnovers by having average DL and CBs?? Your logic makes little sense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Heath, and Wheaton?

Sign me up
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Darqueze Dennard, Mike Evans or Taylor Lewan.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Darqueze Dennard, Mike Evans or Taylor Lewan.
    Dennard is a great DB but played against light WR talent and has a significant injury history.
    Mike Evans is a terrfic WR, but can the Steelers afford a first round WR?
    Lewan IMO is way overrated, better suited for RT, gets handled by talented opponents.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dennard is a great DB but played against light WR talent and has a significant injury history.
    Mike Evans is a terrfic WR, but can the Steelers afford a first round WR?
    Lewan IMO is way overrated, better suited for RT, gets handled by talented opponents.
    Not sure what games you have seen Lewan play but I have never seen him get manhandled. If anything he is overly aggressive and manhandles the crap out of opponents.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"