Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers first pick of the 2014 NFL draft is...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would love to see us get Kouandijo (plus bonus of cool name) or Erving. Not thrilled yet about I E-O, Ha Ha or Nix (I think McCullers in Round 2 could be better for us).

I really like both Evans and Amaro if we are picking 15-20 range and the Left Tackles are off the board.
    If McCullers gets drafted in the second, that team IMO overreached by two+ rounds.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't have Nix as a Top 15 talent. There is no disputing he is the Top rated NT prospect in the '14 draft but he is no Ngata & I'm sure he won't display the athleticism through the process that put Poe on the map. Nix is a good football player....Don't get me wrong. A dominant force at NT could be an upgrade. I just can't bang the table & say I know a 1st RD NT plug & play fixes the D. Our weakness is coverage & that weakness takes us out of base far too often.

Rookie

User Info Menu

There are three positions where, if a difference maker is present, you need to take him (presuming you do not have one already):

QB

LT

CB

Good CBs are like gold....especially for this defense....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When is the lat time we took a CB in the first round? Holy crap...1997. Chad Scott. BY law of averages, that may be the winner this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not overly impressed with Nix. Hopefully Al Woods and a pick in this upcoming draft will help alleviate the NT woes. Still bummed Ta'amu didint work out.

I would have to go LT if one is available. If one is not available its a toss up between DB and ILB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with Nix. Hopefully Al Woods and a pick in this upcoming draft will help alleviate the NT woes. Still bummed Ta'amu didint work out.

I would have to go LT if one is available. If one is not available its a toss up between DB and ILB?
    Also not impressed with Nix to the point I take him in Top 15
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley's offense, if executed properly can make mediocre tackles look ok. Ben just needs to completely buy in, and when he does you'll see more games like yesterdays. Having said that, the tackle from FSU would be my choice. I love Benjamin in round 2. He would look amazing in B&G.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/41800-7-games-into-the-season-and-it-s-time-to-talk-draft?p=580848#post580848[/URL]

Good to see people coming around on Cam Erving....FINALLY!!

Legend

User Info Menu

one of the problems going defense is they wont see the field for a year or more.
    draft offense first to help now and try to outscore teams for a year or two and then develop your later round defensive picks for bens last couple years
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    one of the problems going defense is they wont see the field for a year or more.
    draft offense first to help now and try to outscore teams for a year or two and then develop your later round defensive picks for bens last couple years
    How long did it take JJ to see the field? This isn't like the old days where there is stars all over the field. Next year will be very different. Having said that. I'm drafting Cam Erving.