Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Playoffs in 2013

Legend

User Info Menu

No Playoffs in 2013

Dolphins beat the Pats today 24-20. Playing for pride and roster spots next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I accepted this fact after the Ravens game. then confirmed it last week against the Dolphins.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully the next few weeks will see some of our young guys getting more reps. I'd even like to see some of our young guys get called up from the practice squad...

Hope that DL from Northwestern gets to see the field some.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hopefully the next few weeks will see some of our young guys getting more reps. I'd even like to see some of our young guys get called up from the practice squad...

Hope that DL from Northwestern gets to see the field some.
    At least Arnfelt got called up from the PS and they cut that total waste of a roster sport Kion Wilson.

Bouchette had a good article with a bunch of possible things the Steelers could do starting tonight and through the final games:

- Keep Adams at left tackle and see what they have there. Is there any chance he's serviceable
    - Put Cortez Allen back as the starter for the last three. Same idea - what do they have with this kid? Gay is a stop gap.
    - Start Jones at OLB and get him reps. Keeps Woodley from a re-injury situation. He doesn't need the reps.
    - Start or at least get serious snaps for Wheaton. Sanders is out of here.
    - McClendon at end and Fangupo at nose. Why not try it? And Al Woods over Hood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    - Start Jones at OLB and get him reps. Keeps Woodley from a re-injury situation. He doesn't need the reps.
    however, the Steelers may want to see how Woodley plays these last 3 games in order to make a decision on his future as a Steeler.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    however, the Steelers may want to see how Woodley plays these last 3 games in order to make a decision on his future as a Steeler.
    I believe the assumption is Woodley will be on the roster in 2014 as his cap hit is so cost prohibitive that no team would take on his contract and cutting him is too large a hit to take.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I believe the assumption is Woodley will be on the roster in 2014 as his cap hit is so cost prohibitive that no team would take on his contract and cutting him is too large a hit to take.
    Yeah, I think Woodley will get one more chance to re-solidify himself in one of the OLB positions. Its more difficult to judge individuals when the team as a whole fails.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

by Jim Wexell

* LaMarr Woodley -- Woodley, who was off to a strong start this season, just turned 29 in November but has missed 12 games (27 percent) the last three seasons with various leg injuries. He has three years left on his contract, and the Steelers would lose $580,000 against the cap (but gain $8 million in real money) if they were to cut him before June 1.

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1356971.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I accepted this fact after the Ravens game. then confirmed it last week against the Dolphins.
    Spot on. The Steelers season ended Thanksgiving night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Yeah, I think Woodley will get one more chance to re-solidify himself in one of the OLB positions. Its more difficult to judge individuals when the team as a whole fails.
    This... I know Woodley is a nice punching bag but this whole D is suspect. We have no depth if we cut him and JJ isnt ready or Worilds goes down.