Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You guys who think Collingswoth is a hater?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Simply put - collinsworth is the best color guy in the game. He knows his stuff, is honest in his commentary and has just enough self deprecating humor to make it fun without being obnoxious. He even recognizes the lopsided rivalry between these teams over the years. Did anyone else catch his comment after the taunting penalty??

He's a Cincy guy and a Cincy fan - but I think it's clear he's a pro at this job.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    They haven't been playing pretty well since the 0-4 start? They're 6-4 in their last 10 games. That's playing pretty well to me.
    Unfortunately, not well enough. I'm actually impressed with the way the Steelers have played the last three weeks overall, but I thought Collinsworth was laying it on pretty thick.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    They haven't been playing pretty well since the 0-4 start? They're 6-4 in their last 10 games. That's playing pretty well to me.
    6-4 projected over 16 games equates to a 10 win season...

Legend

User Info Menu

I've really grown to like Collinsworth over the years. On the punt that Brown returned, he was talking about how it was like the old Steelers and the old Bengals. Over the years, he's made a lot of references to the toughness of the Steelers when he played them and to the toughness of some of the better teams. Also, he seems to truly enjoy the Steelers/Ravens games for how hard hitting they are. I get the sense that he does admire and respect the Steelers as a franchise.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I've really grown to like Collinsworth over the years. On the punt that Brown returned, he was talking about how it was like the old Steelers and the old Bengals. Over the years, he's made a lot of references to the toughness of the Steelers when he played them and to the toughness of some of the better teams. Also, he seems to truly enjoy the Steelers/Ravens games for how hard hitting they are. I get the sense that he does admire and respect the Steelers as a franchise.
    I agree. He was awful at first, but with time comes distance I guess, and he has become much better. I don't have a problem with Collinsworth at all.

Simms and Deirdorf on the other hand need to get run over by a reindeer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I agree. He was awful at first, but with time comes distance I guess, and he has become much better. I don't have a problem with Collinsworth at all.

Simms and Deirdorf on the other hand need to get run over by a reindeer.
    Deirdorf, mercifully, is retiring this year. Simms - ugh. He's not only terrible during the games, he also made Inside the NFL unwatchable. I used to really enjoy that when it was on HBO and when Simms wasn't a part of the show.