Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft for the defense first guy, however i have to admit,....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep... we keep talking about big WR's like we don't have one on our team. I know our record is ehhh but our WR production is pretty good.

I still think our FO believes our LT is already on the team. No way will we pick one in the first when you have 1 or 2 sacks in the last 5 games.

...and if our FO really believes we have the pieces to a good OL on this team we had better be prepared to be an 8-8 team for many more years. The recent performance of this OL is an illusion because it is more a result of Ben finally doing some of the things that Haley has wanted for two year, i.e. getting rid of the ball quickly, as he did last night against the Bumgals.

This OL still struggles to create a hole in the run game and is usually completely overmatched in short yardage situations by any decent Def Line.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and if our FO really believes we have the pieces to a good OL on this team we had better be prepared to be an 8-8 team for many more years. The recent performance of this OL is an illusion because it is more a result of Ben finally doing some of the things that Haley has wanted for two year, i.e. getting rid of the ball quickly, as he did last night against the Bumgals.

This OL still struggles to create a hole in the run game and is usually completely overmatched in short yardage situations by any decent Def Line.
    I agree... but I believe our FO won't go LT in the first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Agreed. If anyone can look at the lack of holes in the running game and tell me with a straight face we have the pieces of a good OL, then I don't know what to say. I think the middle of our OL is good. Our bookends are questionable at best.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree... but I believe our FO won't go LT in the first.

The only thing that might bring your thinking to fruition would be how many top picks the Steelers have spent on OL recently. But, when franchise QBs and franchise LTs are sitting there for you...you don't pass.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I would love to see them select Dennard if a franchise LT is on the board I don't think they can pass that up. I do think Dennard will ultimately pass for what is considered a shutdown corner in this day and age.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey were is Dub for the draft talk? Anyway I think a CB is the biggest need. But a top WR would change how the offense looks I think. Perfect for the quick hitting Haley offense. So the O-line would look better. Also like Nix. That would shut down the running against the steelers D. I don't think the Steelers see LT or TE as a big need even though fans do. But I would like to see Health's replacement on the roster sooner then later. I wonder what the Steelers really think of ILB, FS, NT, and LT. This will be a very interesting off season for sure. A lot of "old" guys needing to take pay cut or walk. A lot of players needing to step up. What happens in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    there, fixed that for ya...

Hahahaha,.......hey,....we brought the William Gay kid back bro.
    Willie Gay didn't tell off the fans and he is a solid citizen. Santonio is a turd.

Rookie

User Info Menu

O line- can't run the ball, no depth - secondary -10 yard cushions - give up big plays...... OL - CB - FS

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OL is slowly adding some depth... They bring back Velasco and Pouncey along with Cody Wallace now, you've got some depth there. Foster and DeCastro are holding their own as starters... Then you got 3 Tackles, 2 of which are 2nd rounders...Beachum is looking more and more like their starting LT. There's your 8. Continue giving the young guys some time to develop.

With the addition of Spaeth in there now at TE, the run blocking has improved. Gotta re- tool the defense.. Pick early and often...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    OL is slowly adding some depth... They bring back Velasco and Pouncey along with Cody Wallace now, you've got some depth there. Foster and DeCastro are holding their own as starters... Then you got 3 Tackles, 2 of which are 2nd rounders...Beachum is looking more and more like their starting LT. There's your 8. Continue giving the young guys some time to develop.

With the addition of Spaeth in there now at TE, the run blocking has improved. Gotta re- tool the defense.. Pick early and often...
    Agreed. Also, we may be able to get Levi Brown on the cheap as well. While he hasn't lived up to his draft position, he would be a solid and experienced veteran.

The thing is, they tend to draft O and then D in alternating years of late. Since they took JJ for the D this past year does that mean they go O this year or break the pattern?