Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft for the defense first guy, however i have to admit,....

Backup

User Info Menu

Draft for the defense first guy, however i have to admit,....

If we drafted Mike Evans to play opposite of Brown and perhaps even brought Santo back to run out of the slot,...our offense could actually become "High powered".
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 12-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    and perhaps brought Santo back to run out of the slot,...our offense could become "High"..
    there, fixed that for ya...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If we drafted Mike Evans to play opposite of Brown and perhaps even brought Santo back to run out of the slot,...our offense could actually become "High powered".
    Holmes ain't coming back to be a backup.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

there, fixed that for ya...

Hahahaha,.......hey,....we brought the William Gay kid back bro.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a horrible idea

No offense to you, or Evans (he may be all that). But drafting that "big WR" #1 is a luxury. I have to believe there will be a better defensive player available--and that is where our #1 pick should be spent.

I don't even think it is that big a need... e.g. I would much prefer an heir apparent TE (behind Heath).

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    No offense to you, or Evans (he may be all that). But drafting that "big WR" #1 is a luxury. I have to believe there will be a better defensive player available--and that is where our #1 pick should be spent.

I don't even think it is that big a need... e.g. I would much prefer an heir apparent TE (behind Heath).

I feel you Shoe. I would like to see us land Barr, Nix or Mack with our first selection and come back with with Shazier or Bucannon in the second. Just saying,... i could see how a player like Evans or Amaro could positively impact our offensive productivity in terms of being able to score consistently against any opponent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Louis Nix or Darqueze Dennard will be our first pick. I would hope Sammy Watkins, Taylor Lewan or Mike Evans will be there...I just see us going for another defensive need again this upcoming Draft.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

I agree. I really like Evans but he is indeed a luxury at this point. Also, I believe Wheaton will develop into a good NFL WR. Lets not forget he is still here. I would like to see a Welker like slot guy picked up in the third or later. It is between DB and LT...with a leaning towards LT.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree. I really like Evans but he is indeed a luxury at this point. Also, I believe Wheaton will develop into a good NFL WR. Lets not forget he is still here. I would like to see a Welker like slot guy picked up in the third or later. It is between DB and LT...with a leaning towards LT.
    yep... we keep talking about big WR's like we don't have one on our team. I know our record is ehhh but our WR production is pretty good.

I still think our FO believes our LT is already on the team. No way will we pick one in the first when you have 1 or 2 sacks in the last 5 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would puke in my mouth if we brought Stupidio back. The guy is a bum. I'd keep Cotchery over him without a second thought plus we got Wheaton to learn and run out of the slot.

Evans would be a nice add to the offense but I fear that people are forgetting what has been scuttling this offense for over three years and that is the mediocre Off Line. Do we really want to kid ourselves into believing this OL is good enough? Did anyone watch us in short yardage last night. Still no push, still no domination.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"