Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft for the defense first guy, however i have to admit,....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed about Levi. Forgot about him...

They have to break from it.. I think its just coincidence.

Also, watching the Ravens game tonight.. Yea, defense doesn't matter.(lol)..12-7 so far.. All of you who think defense doesn't matter anymore are living in fantasy land.... You all see the half time story that Berman did? Spot on. Defense matters folks.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    While I would love to see them select Dennard if a franchise LT is on the board I don't think they can pass that up. I do think Dennard will ultimately pass for what is considered a shutdown corner in this day and age.
    If he can stay healthy.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    OL is slowly adding some depth... They bring back Velasco and Pouncey along with Cody Wallace now, you've got some depth there. Foster and DeCastro are holding their own as starters... Then you got 3 Tackles, 2 of which are 2nd rounders...Beachum is looking more and more like their starting LT. There's your 8. Continue giving the young guys some time to develop.

With the addition of Spaeth in there now at TE, the run blocking has improved. Gotta re- tool the defense.. Pick early and often...
    Velasco and Pouncey are both coming off serious injuries.

Given that we got Velasco and Wallace out of their living rooms and into the starting line up, what does that say about the need to pay Pouncey top notch dollars to stay? Velasco and Wallace have done a very solid job. Haven't noticed a difference with Pouncey out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed about Levi. Forgot about him...

They have to break from it.. I think its just coincidence.

Also, watching the Ravens game tonight.. Yea, defense doesn't matter.(lol)..12-7 so far.. All of you who think defense doesn't matter anymore are living in fantasy land.... You all see the half time story that Berman did? Spot on. Defense matters folks.
    Defense matters, just less than a dominant offense in today's NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So then you would not consider Detroit to have a dominant offense? Just sayin', because everyone out there thought last nights score was gonna be in the 30's..... In the dome, and the defense still brought home a win... along with a fabulous kicker... lol... Look at Seattle... need I say more other than, Defense matters.

I think you need to revisit your thought process on the sport of football... and not just arena football.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Velasco and Pouncey are both coming off serious injuries.

Given that we got Velasco and Wallace out of their living rooms and into the starting line up, what does that say about the need to pay Pouncey top notch dollars to stay? Velasco and Wallace have done a very solid job. Haven't noticed a difference with Pouncey out.
    DeCastro and Miller are coming off of serious injuries and playing well right now, no reason to believe Pouncey and Velasco can't or won't.

The difference with Pouncey out is probably the playbook, Wallace isn't as athletic as Pouncey and I'm sure there are certain things they aren't even attempting with Wallace. That said, the offense hasn't looked this good in a long time. I'm looking forward to an interior line of DeCastro, Pouncey and Foster.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

So then you would not consider Detroit to have a dominant offense? Just sayin', because everyone out there thought last nights score was gonna be in the 30's..... In the dome, and the defense still brought home a win... along with a fabulous kicker... lol... Look at Seattle... need I say more other than, Defense matters.

I think you need to revisit your thought process on the sport of football... and not just arena football.
    Stafford INTs and Megatron dropsies gave the Ravens the win. It wasn't the performance of the defense. Stafford was horrible and essentially lost the game for the Lions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stafford INTs and Megatron dropsies gave the Ravens the win. It wasn't the performance of the defense. Stafford was horrible and essentially lost the game for the Lions.
    The defense had something to do with it. Johnson was getting rocked nearly every time he caught the ball. A few times in the second half he had to come off the field after getting rocked. These things tend to get receivers (regardless of how good they are) a bit jumpy and looking for the defender rather than catching the ball.

The Baltimore defense had more to do with last night's win than any thing else, they gave up 16 points, that's it and their kicker is automatic it now seems from 60 yards out.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Defense matters, just less than a dominant offense in today's NFL.
    Nope... I live in Charlotte and get to watch the Panthers. They were putting up 30+ and losing. They went D heavy the last 2 years and guess what? 8 straight wins and a chance for a #2 seed.

Doesnt matter how great the O is if the D cant protect a lead. Panthers were 2-13 in games decided by less than 7 points and most of the time the had the lead in the 4th but the D couldnt hold.

Legend

User Info Menu

One other thing... how great was our offense when we won the last 2 SB's. That was all defense.. Ben definitely made the most of his opportunities but our D made sure we didnt have to win shootouts

Every SB run had a game or 2 where the D scored more than our O.