Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lets talk WOODLEY

Pro Bowler

lets talk WOODLEY

since his big payday, woodley has been underwhelming for the most part.
    do you think the guy milks his injuries, comes back earlier than he should or returns at the appropriate time?
    do you think the play of worilds and the talk of a potential june first release influenced him returning this week?
    will it influence his effort from here on out or do you think he gives maximum effort regardless of how well worilds has played or the cap hit vs production talks?
    will it influence whether he gets 'injured' from here on out and if he does will he play thru it or take more games off?

Woodley need to be traded asap, as long as Worilds come half as cheap.

Woodley would still count $5.5 million against the Steelers' cap next year from past bonuses, it's probably much more feasible financially to release him after next season.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Woodley need to be traded asap, as long as Worilds come half as cheap.
    I bet money Worlids would disappear the day we traded Woodley. I would keep Woodley one more year to make sure Worlids is legit on that side.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I bet money Worlids would disappear the day we traded Woodley. I would keep Woodley one more year to make sure Worlids is legit on that side.
    Very possible dizz.. that's the chance you take when you make a move like that.

Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't bet money on it, but I think people are too much jumping on the Jason-Worilds-has-arrived bandwagon. Worilds still has a lot to prove, and even if you are a believer. It isn't like he's wrecking opposing game plans.

To the original thread, I don't think Woodley milks things too much. I think he is playing hard this year. BUT... he wasted his goodwill the past two years.

This is a lesson for us all. It is related to the old story of the boy crying wolf, or shearing or skinning a sheep once . If Woodley never used up his goodwill the past two years (i.e. coming to camp prepared and maybe not getting hurt those two years), he would be looked at much different (e.g. now) when he has a real injury. People who watched Woodley this year, could see that he was trying hard. And it showed in his output (5 sacks thru the first 4 games). But he is hamstrung now, by the two years he burned. People are sick of him.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I wouldn't bet money on it, but I think people are too much jumping on the Jason-Worilds-has-arrived bandwagon. Worilds still has a lot to prove, and even if you are a believer. It isn't like he's wrecking opposing game plans.

To the original thread, I don't think Woodley milks things too much. I think he is playing hard this year. BUT... he wasted his goodwill the past two years.

This is a lesson for us all. It is related to the old story of the boy crying wolf, or shearing or skinning a sheep once . If Woodley never used up his goodwill the past two years (i.e. coming to camp prepared and maybe not getting hurt those two years), he would be looked at much different (e.g. now) when he has a real injury. People who watched Woodley this year, could see that he was trying hard. And it showed in his output (5 sacks thru the first 4 games). But he is hamstrung now, by the two years he burned. People are sick of him.
    JH did it right and since he didnt take a paycut people turned on him even though he did more than enough to warrant full pay.

Fans want it all and our expectations are unrealistic... sometimes we even misremember how great these players are/were in order to fuel our agenda.

Not saying Woodley doesn't have flaws but fans expect 15 sacks while having no idea what the assignment s and game plans are from week to week.

Hall of Famer
    JH did it right and since he didnt take a paycut people turned on him even though he did more than enough to warrant full pay.

Fans want it all and our expectations are unrealistic... sometimes we even misremember how great these players are/were in order to fuel our agenda.

Not saying Woodley doesn't have flaws but fans expect 15 sacks while having no idea what the assignment s and game plans are from week to week.
    My point though, is that his injury this year would be dismissed as just that (an injury), had he not mailed it in the previous two years. But because he burned that bridge (by reporting to camp the last two years in lackluster shape), people are calling for his ouster.

The moral: Carpe diem

Pro Bowler

i have to disagree. JH was often injured, his production dropped, he missed games and age was not on his side in relation to the dollar amount owed. he was offered a contract that would allow him to obtain all of his money if he produced. he overvalued himself and found out the hard way by the sum of a few million. its a natural reaction to turn on a player when they dont take the interest of the team first. remembering how great the WERE and paying them accordingly is part of the reason we are where we are today.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    since his big payday, woodley has been underwhelming for the most part.
    do you think the guy milks his injuries, comes back earlier than he should or returns at the appropriate time?
    do you think the play of worilds and the talk of a potential june first release influenced him returning this week?
    will it influence his effort from here on out or do you think he gives maximum effort regardless of how well worilds has played or the cap hit vs production talks?
    will it influence whether he gets 'injured' from here on out and if he does will he play thru it or take more games off?
    Many of Woodley's injuries are soft tissue related and most of these can be prevented by proper conditioning. Woodley is either made of glass or doesn't give a damn in the off-season. I'm betting on the later....