Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where has this team been

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where has this team been

To wait until now to put up a performance like this. makes me a little angry

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    To wait until now to put up a performance like this. makes me a little angry
    They've been young ... they've been developing ... they've been learning ... this right here is them giving us/you hope that lessons are taking hold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    They've been young ... they've been developing ... they've been learning ... this right here is them giving us/you hope that lessons are taking hold.
    I do think you are on to something here. I think there were two problems. While I'm not ready to let coaches off the hook, I may have overshot their involvement in much of the losing. You have this mix of old, and young with few 26-29 year old vets on this team. Either the players are on their way up and not quite ready, or they are on their way out with their best days behind them. We are winning because the young guys are starting to show up and really play, thus bringing up the play of the vets.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I do think you are on to something here. I think there were two problems. While I'm not ready to let coaches off the hook, I may have overshot their involvement in much of the losing. You have this mix of old, and young with few 26-29 year old vets on this team. Either the players are on their way up and not quite ready, or they are on their way out with their best days behind them. We are winning because the young guys are starting to show up and really play, thus bringing up the play of the vets.
    Wasn't some of this the argument for many to get the young guys on the field? The thinking seems to have been that we would suffer for a season or two but would come out stronger. Maybe that's starting to happen?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wasn't some of this the argument for many to get the young guys on the field? The thinking seems to have been that we would suffer for a season or two but would come out stronger. Maybe that's starting to happen?
    I think you are right...and I agree. We are not contenders this year...so lets see our young talent. I want to see Williams, Golden, Landry, JJ, and Wheaton
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think you are right...and I agree. We are not contenders this year...so lets see our young talent. I want to see Williams, Golden, Landry, JJ, and Wheaton
    I agree on all but Landry. Wheaton needs to be playing with BB IMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

Let's keep everything in perspective, the Bungals have some key injuries. But if we begin to Draft as though we do not have our heads up our arses and cultivate a "leave no doubt" philosophy on both sides of the ball. We can not only get back to playing Steeler Ball, but perhaps become dominant as a whole.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Let's keep everything in perspective, the Bungals have some key injuries. But if we begin to Draft as though we do not have our heads up our arses and cultivate a "leave no doubt" philosophy on both sides of the ball. We can not only get back to playing Steeler Ball, but perhaps become dominant as a whole.
    The "leave no doubt" part is what worries me ... take tonight; we go up big time ... Offense goes conservative and Defense starts giving cushions and playing "prevent your opportunity to win". Just once, I'd like to see the Steelers at least keep the peddle halfway down and throttle an opponent instead of this play not to lose after we're up crap. And no, this is not an indictment of Tomlin, Haley or LeBeau ... it's been the "standard" for many years

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    The "leave no doubt" part is what worries me ... take tonight; we go up big time ... Offense goes conservative and Defense starts giving cushions and playing "prevent your opportunity to win". Just once, I'd like to see the Steelers at least keep the peddle halfway down and throttle an opponent instead of this play not to lose after we're up crap. And no, this is not an indictment of Tomlin, Haley or LeBeau ... it's been the "standard" for many years
    I was not too impressed with what I saw, especially in the second half. I think this game was more about Cincy playing poorly for much of the game and not us being dominant. We were fortunate to get a big lead. Even in the 4th, Troy could/should have been called for PI on Green setting the Bungals in FG range with over 2:00 to go.

But a win is a win and the way we've lost some of them this year I guess it is just evening things out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    And the Steelers had key injuries the first time they played the Bengals.... just sayin.