Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: where has this team been

Hall of Famer
    The Steelers made no effort to go deep on offense all night. I applaud this, not complaining. Wind and cold made this a perfect night for the kind of offense they put out there. Bell was just enough of a threat to keep the defense honest, but didn't need him to break out. This was a well-controlled offense and only needed the defense to be average or better. The talent isn't there to blow teams out so I am ok with what they did accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers made no effort to go deep on offense all night. I applaud this, not complaining. Wind and cold made this a perfect night for the kind of offense they put out there. Bell was just enough of a threat to keep the defense honest, but didn't need him to break out. This was a well-controlled offense and only needed the defense to be average or better. The talent isn't there to blow teams out so I am ok with what they did accomplish.
    This is almost true. They went deep once and it was intercepted when Sanders did his Wallace imitation.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wasn't some of this the argument for many to get the young guys on the field? The thinking seems to have been that we would suffer for a season or two but would come out stronger. Maybe that's starting to happen?
    I think you are right...and I agree. We are not contenders this year...so lets see our young talent. I want to see Williams, Golden, Landry, JJ, and Wheaton

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think you are right...and I agree. We are not contenders this year...so lets see our young talent. I want to see Williams, Golden, Landry, JJ, and Wheaton
    I agree on all but Landry. Wheaton needs to be playing with BB IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I agree on all but Landry. Wheaton needs to be playing with BB IMO.
    You don't want to develop Landry...get him a bit of real season PT?

Legend
    nope...

10 characters

No. The young guys need to practice and play with the man. Landry has time (hopefully). I feel no urgency to get him in there.