Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: where has this team been

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,985
    Both the D and the O lack the killer instinct to keep their foot on the opponents throat and put games away. You could actually watch both go into complete turtle mode last night and just hang on. They should have had 40 last night.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    I'm happy with the win but wouldn't have been upset if we lost. Better draft pick selection had we lost and less help for the Patricheats had we lost. Good job Steelers but I'm not ready to say they have arrived. The Bengals screwed up and the Steelers were finally able to capitalize as a team should. 21 points in the first quarter is great and 9 more in the last three is not. The defense still has it's adjustments they need to take a look at. It is a nice positive step forward. I'm also glad the Bengals did not beat us twice this season and to the Bengal team and fans, you won't go too far in the playoffs if at all.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Slap, he hit Green's arm before the ball hit his hands.
    I'm really surprised there was no flag thrown, the way this season has gone
    Incidental contact...didn't even interfere with Green's ability to catch the ball...

    About time the zebras got it right....

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Both the D and the O lack the killer instinct to keep their foot on the opponents throat and put games away. You could actually watch both go into complete turtle mode last night and just hang on. They should have had 40 last night.
    I have no problem with how they played the second half outside of that easy TD on 4th down. We didn't hang on.. we won by 10 and the only reason it felt like "hanging on" is because we have 8 losses.

    Look at Dallas. Up 26-3 at halftime and continued to chuck the ball up and made it easy for GB to stage a comeback.

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Incidental contact...didn't even interfere with Green's ability to catch the ball...

    About time the zebras got it right....
    This new NFL has fans seeing the slightest hint of contact as a PI...

    it was a good no call and there was no way the NFL was going to let Cinci get that #2 spot over the Pats. LOL....

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Look at Dallas. Up 26-3 at halftime and continued to chuck the ball up and made it easy for GB to stage a comeback.
    Yup...exactly...

  7. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10
    I will take a win for sure - the second half we looked asleep - one waiting for another to do something. We one this game because the bungles showed up to play......

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Looks like we're motivated not to pay too much for our 1st round draft pick.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    They've been young ... they've been developing ... they've been learning ... this right here is them giving us/you hope that lessons are taking hold.
    I do think you are on to something here. I think there were two problems. While I'm not ready to let coaches off the hook, I may have overshot their involvement in much of the losing. You have this mix of old, and young with few 26-29 year old vets on this team. Either the players are on their way up and not quite ready, or they are on their way out with their best days behind them. We are winning because the young guys are starting to show up and really play, thus bringing up the play of the vets.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I do think you are on to something here. I think there were two problems. While I'm not ready to let coaches off the hook, I may have overshot their involvement in much of the losing. You have this mix of old, and young with few 26-29 year old vets on this team. Either the players are on their way up and not quite ready, or they are on their way out with their best days behind them. We are winning because the young guys are starting to show up and really play, thus bringing up the play of the vets.
    Wasn't some of this the argument for many to get the young guys on the field? The thinking seems to have been that we would suffer for a season or two but would come out stronger. Maybe that's starting to happen?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •