Thread: No Playoffs in 2013

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

thanks. love that
    1) ERIC EBRON TE/ MIKE EVANS WR
    2) JORDAN MATHEWS WR/ SEFERIAN-JENKINS TE
    3-7) DEFENSE

by Ed Bouchette

How the heck are the #Steelers still eligible to make the playoffs at 6-8 with a loss to Miami? Here's how.

The NFL tiebreaking system is indeed difficult at times to understand. That is why some people, even in my business, thought a Miami win would eliminate the Steelers. After all, the Dolphins beat the Steelers to have that first tiebreaker between the two if they both finish 8-8. However, if the Dolphins and Jets both tie at 8-8, the rules say you break the tie within the division first when 3 or more teams are tied. That tiebreaker would go to the Jets. Over in the AFC North, if Baltimore finishes 8-8 as well, they would break the tie with the supposed 8-8 Steelers first. That tiebreaker would go to the Steelers based on a better record among common opponents.

That would leave them to break the Jets-Steelers tie and that would go to the Steelers -- based on their win against the Jets.

Got that? I do not blame you if you do not.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

hawaiinsteel. I tried to message you but it wouldn't take. You have a full folder that will not accept any additional messages.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick