1) First ballot HOF, ROTY
2) All Pro first year, first round talent that fell to us in second
3) Starter for years to come, cant believe he fell
4) Absolute steal of draft, 2nd round grade
5) Back up at first then starter for 10 years
6) Incredible depth and ST demon
7) Amazing value, shoulda went 3 rounds earlier
by Ed Bouchette
How the heck are the #Steelers still eligible to make the playoffs at 6-8 with a loss to Miami? Here's how.
The NFL tiebreaking system is indeed difficult at times to understand. That is why some people, even in my business, thought a Miami win would eliminate the Steelers. After all, the Dolphins beat the Steelers to have that first tiebreaker between the two if they both finish 8-8. However, if the Dolphins and Jets both tie at 8-8, the rules say you break the tie within the division first when 3 or more teams are tied. That tiebreaker would go to the Jets. Over in the AFC North, if Baltimore finishes 8-8 as well, they would break the tie with the supposed 8-8 Steelers first. That tiebreaker would go to the Steelers based on a better record among common opponents.
That would leave them to break the Jets-Steelers tie and that would go to the Steelers -- based on their win against the Jets.
Got that? I do not blame you if you do not.
hawaiinsteel. I tried to message you but it wouldn't take. You have a full folder that will not accept any additional messages.