Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St. LeBeau wants to return in 2014!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

St. LeBeau wants to return in 2014!

Id have to imagine if he wants the job, he's got it. Maybe he will bring back James Harrison ala Larry Foote so we can regain a little defensive swagger hahaha [URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/13/5206586/steelers-defensive-coordinator-dick-lebeau-return-2014-contract-status-retirement[/URL]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

My elderly grandma wanted to keep driving, but it got tot he point where we finally had to take away the keys.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    My elderly grandma wanted to keep driving, but it got tot he point where we finally had to take away the keys.
    Bwahaha...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh my God, just coach until you are in a wheelchair or just coach from the elderly home.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

The defense hasn't played well this year, but there is a serious talent issue. Cam Heyward is really the only starting caliber NFL lineman on the roster. Keisel is also starting caliber, but he has been hurt. Hood, Woods and McClendon are backup level talent, at best. He's playing the likes of Vince Williams and Terrance Garvin at linebacker and the secondary is aging. Throw in the fact that Woodley is oft-injured and Jones doesn't have enough functional strength yet, and it is apparent that the defensive problems are a talent issue, not a coaching/scheme issue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The defense hasn't played well this year, but there is a serious talent issue. Cam Heyward is really the only starting caliber NFL lineman on the roster. Keisel is also starting caliber, but he has been hurt. Hood, Woods and McClendon are backup level talent, at best. He's playing the likes of Vince Williams and Terrance Garvin at linebacker and the secondary is aging. Throw in the fact that Woodley is oft-injured and Jones doesn't have enough functional strength yet, and it is apparent that the defensive problems are a talent issue, not a coaching/scheme issue.
    gotta make it work with the players you have... the problem with the talent excuse is the learning curve.

Even if we got 4 great players on D next year it would take 3 years for them to "get it"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    gotta make it work with the players you have
    That's nonsense. How many talent deficiencies can any scheme overcome? At the end of the day, you need talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's nonsense. How many talent deficiencies can any scheme overcome? At the end of the day, you need talent.
    Really? We need a bunch of stars to stop Miami in the snow at home? Sorry.. not buying it. Also remember DL saw Keenan Lewis and thought we had better talent in another player. IMO its not talent its scheme.

Maybe San Diego has a bunch of stars on D... but IMO it looked like they had similar talent and put together a great game plan to beat a great QB on the road.

Starter

User Info Menu

Really? We need a bunch of stars to stop Miami in the snow at home? Sorry.. not buying it. Also remember DL saw Keenan Lewis and thought we had better talent in another player. IMO its not talent its scheme.

Maybe San Diego has a bunch of stars on D... but IMO it looked like they had similar talent and put together a great game plan to beat a great QB on the road.
    So Lebeau is the reason Keenan Lewis left??? Last time I checked, Dick Lebeau isn't the GM of this team. I wanted to keep Lewis as well (to pair with Allen) but when a guy gets offered big money to head back home, it's hard to convince him to stay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are you talking about the immature Keenan Lewis who got torched in a preseason game and then threw a temper tantrum, getting himself benched? Some guys take longer to mature.