Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ Ryan Clark hopes fans cheer Bengals’ James Harrison

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers’ Ryan Clark hopes fans cheer Bengals’ James Harrison

On Sunday night, Cincinnati Bengals‘ linebacker James Harrison will return to Pittsburgh for the first time since joining the Bengals before the season.

Harrison started his career with the Steelers in 2004 and was a fixture on their defense for nine seasons before the team chose to part ways with Harrison following the 2012 season.

Steelers’ safety Ryan Clark believes Harrison should get a warm reception.

“I hope they show him the respect he deserves for what he did for this team, this organization for the way he approached football, the passion he played with, the passion he worked with in this building,” Clark told Scott Brown of ESPN.com. “Was he the nicest guy ever? Not really. But what he was paid for he did exceptionally hard and exceptionally well and I hope the fans here recognize that and understand that him leaving was just business, nothing was personal.”

Miami Dolphins‘ wide receiver Mike Wallace returned to Pittsburgh after leaving the Steelers for the Dolphins in free agency during the offseason last week and was booed by Steelers’ fans.

[url]http://fansided.com/2013/12/12/steelers-ryan-clark-hopes-fans-cheer-bengals-james-harrison/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe the Wallace and Harrison situations were totally different. No reason to boo Silverback.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I believe the Wallace and Harrison situations were totally different. No reason to boo Silverback.
    sure about that?... Wallace left because he didn't get the offer he thought he was worth. Harrison left because he didn't get the offer he thought he was worth....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    sure about that?... Wallace left because he didn't get the offer he thought he was worth. Harrison left because he didn't get the offer he thought he was worth....
    Harrison gave everything to the team and was a leader. Wallace was a distraction and complained a lot.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison was one of the modern great Steelers. Wallace could have been I suppose...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

If i was there i would cheer for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Harrison was one of the modern great Steelers. Wallace could have been I suppose...
    Yup, he was Peezy-Greg Lloyd-Jack Lambert. You don't boo that ilk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Harrison gave everything to the team and was a leader. Wallace was a distraction and complained a lot.
    When did Wallace ever complain? The Steelers got his production on the relative cheap for years. Can't blame the guy for getting paid.

Yes, Harrison was a leader. Heck, he's my favorite Steeler all-time. Hopefully the the fans do treat him right. Even if they do, it doesn't make booing Wallace any less douchey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't "boo" him. He might kill Big Ben!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you can't see the difference between Harrison and Flipper Wallace, your Steeler Nation license should be revoked.