Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to be embarrassed Sunday night

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont see whats sad about it.
    the bengals are putting a quality product on the field and the fans are willing to spend their hard earned money to support them. we on the other hand are putting crap out there. that along with the economy, weather and xmas expenses, i dont blame steeler fans for not going.

JAR, are you going the last game of the season too?
    So, the only way to be a fan and fill the seats is if your team goes to the SB every year? Being a fan is like every other thing in life..take the good with the bad.

There is a good possibiliy that I'll go to the last game..nothing better than beating up on the Browns other than beating the Rats and Bungals
    Last edited by JAR; 12-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    maybe... or they want fair weather to watch a team who is 5-8.

I lived 15 minutes from the stadium for 21 years and never had a desire to go to a game after November. Every time I thought about it I walked outside and changed my mind.
    Afraid of a little cold? I would have thought that living in Pittsburgh with all of it's crappy year round weather would have toughened you up. Yinzers are getting soft apparently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    So, the only way to be a fan and fill the seats is if your team goes to the SB every year? Being a fan is like every other thing in life..take the good with the bad.

There is a good possibiliy that I'll go to the last game..nothing better than beating up on the Browns other than beating the Rats and Bungals

well, i guess you better go to every game every year or else your not a fan..............based on your thinking
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    well, i guess you better go to every game every year or else your not a fan..............based on your thinking
    Lol, so, I have to go to every game so that I can complain about the greatest fan base on earth abandoning their seats, yet you can complain everything Steelers and not even attend one game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steeler Nation needs to do some pruning - get all the Commies and fishfaced idiots out, that snuck in under the last administration.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It does kind of cheese me off when I see empty seats and/or seats filled by fans of other teams...

For those of us who have been on a waiting list for years, it seems like the current ticket holders are just pissing away an opportunity that the rest of us would like to have...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Lol, so, I have to go to every game so that I can complain about the greatest fan base on earth abandoning their seats, yet you can complain everything Steelers and not even attend one game?
    unless you're a hypocrite, yes.
    you are saying its okay for you to not go to every game but its not okay for the season ticket holders.
    please tell me how many games i attended.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, as I said earlier - I make quite a financial commitment to the team every year. And I agree that all those empty seats are frustrating.

The good news is that every time I walk into Heinz field - I pass numerous guys with signs saying they need tix - and it's likely they even have some to sell.

so if you live in the 'burgh and hate empty seats, c'mon down for a game!
    And if you come this year, you might even get a better price - but please, don't pay less. The team needs your help and after all, true fans pay full value. I would be embarrassed to give less money just because the team is playing poorly this year.
    And even if you only see one game, don't worry about the cost. It's a fraction of the amount season ticket holders shell out anually.
    so no excuses Steeler fans. There are tix to be had this sunday night. Anyone who loves this team and is a TRUE fan will be there.
    See ya on Sunday!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I was with you until you said dont pay less. Thats incredibly stupid. Market sets the price.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know. I did the rundown & if I didn't overlook anything...The Steelers only scenario that has the them being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs is the Steelers loosing this week. I would think that is motivation to keep playing. The "longshot" of it all is they have two teams that need to suffer two L's (Ravens & Dolphins) with three to go. Ravens have Lions, Pats, & Bengals...Dolphins have Pats, Buf, & Jets. The unfortunate thing is in ANY scenario where the Steelers make it, we put our hopes on the Jets beating the Dolphins in Miami in week 17. So as long as they keep winning...they MAY be playing "relevant" games for at least the next two weeks. That's enough for me to keep swinging & it BETTER be enough for this team to keep swinging.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 12-12-2013 at 12:56 PM.