Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to be embarrassed Sunday night

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we're going to be embarrassed Sunday night

and it won't be if the team plays like crap, it will be because of the number of Bengals fans that Steelers fans allowed inside of Heinz. Sorry to say, but our once greatest fan base in the league is no more.

Being a fan is supporting your team, win or lose.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    and it won't be if the team plays like crap, it will be because of the number of Bengals fans that Steelers fans allowed inside of Heinz. Sorry to say, but our once greatest fan base in the league is no more.

not when it's cold and the team is playing like trash.

I actually have no problem with it because it shows the owners this isn't acceptable.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's hard to judge why a fan sells their tickets. I'd like to think if I was living in Pgh and could not go to the game I'd give them to friends/fans or try to sell them to fans. But maybe the person bought them this summer and has since been laid off. A couple of hundred $$ gets your kids Christmas presents or a couple of trips to the grocery store to stock up, so you do whatever it takes to unload them.

Plus, it's easy for me to sit in my house, under my insanely warm Steelers fleece blanket, watching the game. Heading to a stadium when the temps will be in the 20's going down to the teens to watch a team that doesn't appear to care all that much and puts forth a half-a$$ed effort quite a bit is a tall order.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Problem is, the owners are getting their money because the games are sold out. All it shows is that Steelers fans are spoiled, fair weather fans and not the greatest fans in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Problem is, the owners are getting their money because the games are sold out. All it shows is that Steelers fans are spoiled fair weather fans.
    maybe... or they want fair weather to watch a team who is 5-8.

I lived 15 minutes from the stadium for 21 years and never had a desire to go to a game after November. Every time I thought about it I walked outside and changed my mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

But if you go to the game you get to see Antonio Brown after a loss, smiling and yucking it up and exchanging jerseys with AJ Green.

Legend

User Info Menu

are you going?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    are you going?
    Yup. We'll gladly fill a few of the abandoned yinzer seats.
    Last edited by JAR; 12-11-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup. We'll gladly fill a few of the abandoned yinzer seats.

cool, have fun.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    cool, have fun.
    Thanks. We'll probably have the novel idea of staying until the end too.