Thread: Crazy- layoff Scenarios

Crazy- layoff Scenarios

LOL,

I know that for the most part these 2013 Steelers are pretty much done, HOWEVER, I just ran some playoff scenarios on ESPN's website, and we actually have a better chance than what I first thought....

Get this. Yea Yea, we gotta figure out a way to win all three games, BUT if would do that and Baltiore ended 8-8 along with Miami, NY Jets, and SD even and Miami lost to the Jets, we'd win the freaking tie-breaker. The Jets would knock out Miami, We'd knock out Bmore, and then we'd knock out NYJ.

So, we actually do have something to continue to root for and play for..................

albeit in reality.... we probably can't win all 3 games........ but who knows???

GO STEELERS! Ya gotta Believe!
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

LOL- layoff sorry
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend
    I think you misspelled it for a reason... it will be a layoff.

Legend
    I thought this was about players we should "lay off" at the end of the season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I've had it with this team. They simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I've had it with this team. They simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Every year, there is at least one team that doesn't deserve to get into the playoffs...one year, that team was a division winner....

I'll take at least one more week of Steeler football if I can get it....

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Every year, there is at least one team that doesn't deserve to get into the playoffs...one year, that team was a division winner....

Last year it was Baltimore. If they aren't allowed to convert that 4th and 29 (or whatever it was), with what many thought was a generous spot, they miss the playoffs. And, we all saw how that worked out...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

I generally agree with you, but this team has let us down play after play, week after week. If they couldn't beat a team from south Florida in Heinz Field, in the snow, I don't see any chance of them winning a playoff game. I also think two straight seasons of missing the playoffs could really send the message to everybody from the players to the FO that this team needs a lot of changes and a lot of help.

Playoff Chances Stand at 1.1 Percent

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Good morning,

According to the site www.makeNFLplayoffs.com, the Steelers have a 1.1 percent chance of making the playoffs right now. And, projecting they would win their final three games, they would then give them an 8.3 percent chance of making the playoffs. So, on with your draft questions (That last one is a joke, hear me? A joke).

Onto some other stuff and several of your questions:

--- In case you missed it, a second video board was approved and will be constructed in Heinz Field on the closed-end side opposite the other video board.

--- I am told that Mike Tomlin would have no interest in coaching in college and has told people inside the organization that many times during his days here. He also remains under contract with the Steelers for the next three seasons after this one.

--- Finally, confirming what Tomlin believed, the NFLís supervisor of officials said all the laterals were legal on that final play last Sunday and if Antonio Brown had not stepped out of bounds, the Steelers would have won. And the Steelers would have owned one of the other great plays in NFL history.

--- When is a catch not considered a catch? When more than one player is involved in a reception. That is why only Emmanuel Sanders got credit for a reception on that series of laterals at the end of Sunday's game at Heinz Field. Antonio Brown earned 56 yards receiving from that play but he does not get an official reception. Same with Ben Roethlisberger; he got credit for 5 yards but no reception, which leaves the only reception in his career one in Cleveland in 2008 when he had a pass batted back that he caught for minus-seven yards.

--- Who would have thought that the receiver the Steelers must sign after this season is named Jerricho Cotchery and not Emmanuel Sanders?

--- As it stands right now on Dec. 12, 2013 the Steelers should use all but one of their draft picks on defense next May. That one exception would be a wide receiver.

--- Chris Rainey, signed by the Colts in November, was placed by them on injured reserve this week after two games with a broken leg.

--- You can send me your questions at platefloor@aol.com

--- YOU: What do you think the odds are of Troy announcing his retirement at the end of this year? He has to know the Steelers predicament with his salary and I canít see him being totally motivated by the money and playing elsewhere.

ME: Polamalu has been healthy virtually all season and I think that might be enough for him to come back for at least one more season. The rest would be up to the Steelers.

--- YOU: When is Coach T's interview with Texas? Just kidding. Our player on the O-line I'm most worried about is Gilbert. What are the chances that we try Adams at his "natural" RT position so we can draft LT Taylor Lewan from Michigan?

ME: Marcus Gilbert continues to have some problems with his ankles, which ended his season in 2012. He did not practice on Wednesday but Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday he thinks all his players will be healthy to go Sunday. If Gilbert is not, you indeed could see Mike Adams at RT because Kelvin Beachum went through a full practice on Wednesday.

--- YOU: do you think the Steelers would consider moving Jarvis Jones to ILB and keep both Woodley and Worilds starting? Jones played LB in college, so he presumably has coverage skills. I guess it would be loosely analogous to what they did with Chad Brown.

ME: You are not the first to suggest they move Jones to inside linebacker and I do not understand why. He was an outside linebacker his entire career at both Georgia and Southern Cal, they drafted him to be an outside linebacker, why move him inside? What they did with Chad Brown was start him inside, and then move him outside when Greg Lloyd was hurt and thatís where he made his fortune in Seattle. They need a stout, strong inside linebacker to complement Lawrence Timmons, not another athletic coverage linebacker. I think Jones stays outside.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201312120001