Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clark knows Steelers days may be numbered

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so the fans and clark know he should be gone. lets see if the front office is smart enuff to make the move.
    the front office doesn't have to do anything, Ryan Clark's contract ends this season and there's no way we re-sign him.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the front office doesn't have to do anything, Ryan Clark's contract ends this season and there's no way we re-sign him.

i wont be holding my breath for them to make the right move

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    In today's salary cap age, leadership in the locker room means little if it doesn't translate to leadership (i.e. play) on the field. The Steelers can't afford to keep all your favorites just because of some vague notion of "leadership". Leadership is an earned commodity ... they earn it on the field. Old leaders must give way to young "potential" leaders .... that's just reality ... and yes it sucks, and it's biting us in the butt right now ... However, it's a fact.
    Agree 100%. Lead by doing and actually perform on the field. We don't need to mistake rah rah for leadership. If you can't deliver on the field you aren't leading anything and you are an albatross just like Clark has become this season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I've liked Clark over the years. He proved most of us wrong (me included) when Anthony Smith was seen as the heir apparent at FS. However, it is clear that Clark has just gotten to the point where he doesn't have it anymore. FS is a spot where the Steelers could use an upgrade. A fast, young playmaker would be great.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm not sure Will Allen is starter material either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers spend a high draft pick on a FS in this upcoming draft.
    Wouldn't shock me at all to see the Steelers grab Ha Ha Clinton-Dix...though if we are drafting above 10 it's a long shot. Ha Ha isn't worth a 10 IMO, and there will be one of the top 3 LTs sitting there...too much for the Steelers to pass on. If you need a franchise LT, you don't pass on a franchise LT...certainly not for a centerfielder...even a centerfielder as talented as Ha Ha
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree 100%. Lead by doing and actually perform on the field. We don't need to mistake rah rah for leadership. If you can't deliver on the field you aren't leading anything and you are an albatross just like Clark has become this season.
    While I don't disagree that you can't keep aged players around just for leadership, yall are underestimating a winning or losing mentality created by your veterans.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They number 3 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Wouldn't shock me at all to see the Steelers grab Ha Ha Clinton-Dix...though if we are drafting above 10 it's a long shot. Ha Ha isn't worth a 10 IMO, and there will be one of the top 3 LTs sitting there...too much for the Steelers to pass on. If you need a franchise LT, you don't pass on a franchise LT...certainly not for a centerfielder...even a centerfielder as talented as Ha Ha
    We're on the same page there, brother! HaHa would be my pick as it stands today. Louis Nix (NT, ND) would be a close 2nd, assuming Jake Matthews is out of reach.

Interestingly enough, I think the new/young OL and all the shifts have given many of them much needed reps and experience. I don't see a need to get a 1st rounder in there unless he's just a special kid there...

BTW to the mock in your sig, i don't think we have a 3rd...

Legend

User Info Menu

Given the improvement of Heyward and Worilds, me, personally, would shore up the defensive line with Nix over a safety. Even the best safeties in the league are burned regularly with the rules favoring the passing game. A NT can still disrupt an offense more consistently than a FS, plus a good NT along with Heyward the way he's playing will give the Steelers a formidable defensive line. I also still believe that Hood can contribute and based on his play he won't be expensive to keep in the mix.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Given the improvement of Heyward and Worilds, me, personally, would shore up the defensive line with Nix over a safety. Even the best safeties in the league are burned regularly with the rules favoring the passing game. A NT can still disrupt an offense more consistently than a FS, plus a good NT along with Heyward the way he's playing will give the Steelers a formidable defensive line. I also still believe that Hood can contribute and based on his play he won't be expensive to keep in the mix.

Pappy
    I agree... we need to get more stout up front.